Chapter Fifteen

I walk down the sidewalk watching the cars pass when I hear a familiar voice.

"Natalie!" I turn and look back to see Regina. I sigh as I stand still waiting for her to catch up. "Hey Regina." I say and she smiles at me.

"Where are you off to?" she asks and I look at her confused. "To get Henry from school, I told you that yesterday." I say and she nods.

"Oh yeah." I shake my head "why aren't you at work?" I ask and she smiles again. "I thought I would walk with my kid's home." She says and I scoff as she smirks.

"You are very good." I say looking straight ahead.

"What do you mean?" she asks and I look over at her. "You know our deal was just breakfast, so you told Henry about me because you knew I wouldn't be able to say no to him." I say and she smirks touching her head with her index finger.

"I can't help that Henry loves you... and so do I." she says and I snort and she looks at me sideways. "I know you don't care about me and only see me because of our deal. But you have a soft spot for Henry and will spend all the time in the world with him." she says and I roll my eyes.

We get to a cross walk and a white van stops at the line.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

-(Natalie)-

I open my eyes slowly and look around. I blink a few times trying to adjust to the dark. "Ugh! Where am I?" I ask no one in particular as I notice the chains on my wrists holding them to the wall.

"It's a basement of some sort?" I hear a female voice reply and I jump making the chains rattle.

"Who are you? Where are you?" I shout moving my head around in the dark.

"Its Regina sweetheart... shh... I am attached to the wall a crossed from you." She says soothingly and I drop against the chains.

"Why are we here?" I ask looking around for an example.

"I don't know, we were walking downtown talking then I woke up here."

"Hey what about magic." I exclaim snapping my fingers trying to get rid of the cuffs. "I tried magic already but the chains are blocking it." She says and I curse loudly shaking the cuffs.

"Now that's not very becoming of a princess." I hear a voice and turn to see a man walk into the room. He walks over and stands in front of me.

"John." I say spitting and he laughs. "That's Prince John to you." He says and I growl at him.

"What do you want?" I ask and he grabs my face. "Now I am in-charge here.' He says stroking my face before kissing my cheek.

"Get your hands off my daughter." I hear Regina hiss from her corner. "Now, now my queen this is between the princess and I." he says before turning back to me.

"Then let Regina go." I say and her growl and her chains shake. "No!" John sighs irritated and turns to Regina. "It's ok Regina I have this under control." He says before looking back at me.

"Let her go so she can scamper off to get reinforcements?" he says and I pull against the chains. "No that won't do, so she will just have to stay."

"Now do you remember a time when I was the king?" he asks but puts his finger on my lips so I cant respond. "I was king, and then someone." He looks over at Regina and the guard that has come into the room as he points at me. "helped my brother Richard take the throne back."

He moves closer to me, putting his face next to my ear. "And I have waited all this time for my revenge and second chance at power." He says stepping back and tapping his fingers together.

"So it will probably be a long and painful process but it must me done." He says smirking.

"John let my daughter go or so help me..." Regina stops when john grabs my face with his hands roughly. A look of horror passes over her face and she starts shaking with rage.

He pulls his hands away "now that we have an understanding we should get started." He says nodding to the guard who leaves the room.

John smiles at me before walking to Regina. "Now I have work to do and you can't talk through it so it would be best for you to be silent." He says gagging her as she kicks at him.

The guard returns with a box and cords. "So I was thinking" John starts talking as he walks over and connects the cords to me.

"What better way to get my kingdom back then magic, so I thought... hey The Phoenix or Natalie has magic and is the reason I lost my kingdom. So what's going to happen is I am going to pull the magic from you and store it in the box." He says patting the box as my eyes go wide.

Regina shakes her arms against the restraints. "Shall we get started?"

- (Regina)-

I scream and rip against the chains keeping me from saving my daughter. John rests his hand on a switch before flipping it.

A grinding sound mixed with Natalie's screams fill the room. Her body shoots forward but is stopped by the cuffs. She screams as tears stream down her face. Her body twists and rips against the cuffs.

I scream into the gag trying to use magic against the restraints. They can't hurt her, this isn't her fault. I need to protect her. I haven't her whole life and I have to now.

After an hour Natalie can barely keep her eyes open as she falls against the chains. John flips the switch off and rips the cords off her. Her eyes fall close and her body crumbles.

John takes the cuffs off before replacing them with handcuffs and laying her on the floor. He moves the hair out of her face almost lovingly.

He walks over to me "we need to let her get her rest, don't want her to die on the first taking." He says smirking.

He takes the gag off leaving the chains on. I spit on him and he reels back before wiping it off his face. "That was a mistake, one that your daughter will pay for." He says before turning and leaving the room with the guard fallowing him.

I look over in the corner and see Natalie's body shaking. "Shh sweetheart, it will be ok." I say trying to soothe her even though I can't touch her.

"Natalie it's going to be ok." I say praying that she will fight. She is a fighter.