Part 21 I Don't Like Surprises

© Copyright 2016

Xavier POV

Today was the day Alpha Caine was going to take care of the rest of the Black Night Pack so to speak. Actually with Cole's plan he won't actually have to do anything. 

The rogues we kept with us from the outskirts of our territory will be the ones that do it. They finally get to look them in the eye and have their revenge and BNP will be wiped out completely. Two birds, one stone. They've asked us specifically not to get involved just to provide a controlled environment.

I had planned to go but that's not going to happen; Caine has it under control.

It's not exactly the type of thing I want to be thinking about right now. After the other night NOTHING can ruin my mood. I'm floating on cloud nine and the only thing I want to do is spend the day with my baby. I can't believe she said it. I can tell she truly meant it too. She's loves me. And I love her.

We've spent pretty much every day together and tonight's going to be no different. 

And no, I'm not telling you so don't bother asking.

Alexis POV

For once I actually managed to wake up before Xavier.

I was happy about losing sleep this once. 

I wanted to get up to make us breakfast but he always beat me to it. I don't know what it is. There's nothing more I love than gazing at his broad shoulders, the muscles in his back working in sync to prepare my food but I always feel like that should be my job. He literally does everything else and all I do is train or sit around with pack families. If I'm going to be Luna of this pack, I think I should start off by being an excellent housewife and all the rest should follow instinctively.

I have him under some kind of spell. He would never admit that he's whipped though. The guys never let him hear the end of it especially when I made him my pet for a week.

I giggled as I made my way down the stairs. His favorite is pancakes, but he likes them plain so I guess I'll be doing those. That seemed to be the only thing we have relatively in common apart from our clashing need of domination and particularly curious sense of humor.

I was interrupted from trains of thought by an unmistakable voice. I sighed before turning to face the direction it had come from.

'Lexi what are you doing?'

' Oh it's Lexi now? It was always Alexis' I giggled  at my impression of his stern voice before continuing. 'I'm making you breakfast my love' I sounded almost mocking as I proceeded to put on my most innocent expression twiddling my thumbs.

'I can see that.' he said in response before waving his finger from my toes to my head then asked again 'What are you doing?' Oh... My clothes.

I smiled shyly and turned my back to him to flip a pancake. 'Making my overbearing Alpha breakfast in his house where we are currently alone?' it was more a question than a statement.

'People could just walk in here at any moment and you're standing here in nothing but a t-shirt.' he sounded like my dad used to when he used to actually pay attention to me long enough to scowled me about something I was doing wrong.

'Why do you allow people to just walk into your place when you live here with your mate anyway?' I shrugged my shoulders at him sinking back into my cooking thoughts and blocking him out.

'BECAUSE I...' his voice amped up the volume a little with that response but he soon realized nothing he could say would justify it. I couldn't even just show up to Chanelle and Cole's place like that so why should people just walk into his place?