chapter 14

n I'm not sure what I expected to see standing behind that door, but it wasn't this. A man barely my height, with bony arms and greased back hair, standing in a small, simply lit room that had nothing but a metal fold-up chair to accompany it.

Davis greeted the little man with a nod.

The man muttered an unfriendly,"hey".

I stared quizzically at the man, trying to figure out how he obtained a job as a bouncer or guard or whatever the title was for this place. I wasn't really sure, since I was still confused about what kind of place the black Dungeon was. And not knowing terrified me to my very core.

The man glared at me with his dark eyes. Apparently he was a firm believer in the whole staring-is-rude thing.

Charlie gently nudged me in the back with her elbow, urging me to get a move on. I turned my attention to Davis.

There was only one door in the room, and Davis strolled up to it and jerked it open. A slender hallway extended out the other side. Black lanterns hung from the dusky walls,Iilluminating a trail of light across the stone floor and arched brick ceiling. We all stared down the hallway.

The moist air dampened my skin as we zigzagged farther and father down the hall.

Every noise, my sense of fear heightened. My heart pounded in my chest,anxiously anticipating what was waiting at the end.

As I passed by one of the lanterns hanging on the wall, I noticed it had the same black symbols that were tattooed on Davis forearm.When I got a chance hopefully I made it out of this place alive to get a chance. I would have to ask him what the symbols meant.

Music reverberated from somewhere, a low beat grew louder the father down the hallway we got, until it thumped so loudly it vibrated the the floors and rattled the lanterns.

Davis took us around a corner and a door popped into view. It looked like an ordinary door, but I had a feeling that whatever was on the other side of it was anything but ordinary.

"Okay." Davis rubbed his hands together.

"Is everyone ready?"

no one responded. Charlie and I both shared the same dumbfounded expression.

I tugged

down the hem of my skirt while Charlie straightened up her posture.

"Let's hurry up and get this over with," Charlie said.

Davis nodded, turned the doorknob, and the door creaked open.

It was a club. Like, an actual full-on dance club.And except for the gothic trend that seemed to be everywhere, everything seemed normal.

I couldn't see anything slimy, glowing, or dead. Part of me had expected to walk in and find the whole place packed with demons and monsters of all shapes and sizes, and colours, feeding off humans. But that didn't seem to be the case.

Dangling from the ceiling were the same black lanterns that lit the hall. People were crammed on the dance floor, swaying hypnotically to the low beat of tyga's

"Rack City." Scarlet lights sparkled across the midnight marble floor. Black curtains draped across the upstairs balcony. Dark clothing trended the room. Davis,Charlie and I blended in fine with the gothic ambience. Charlie in her black top and a dark denim skirt, Davis all black and me in my Dark grey crop top and black jeans.

Davis shoved his way through the crowd and Charlie and I followed till I bumbed into someone, when I looked up I saw it was Stanley! ( Stanley is Charlie's protector).