Chapter Two

"Silver!?!" I heard my mom's voice coming from the doorway to our house.
"SILVER!!" she said louder.
"I'm here mom," I assure walking to her voice. I then see her, sighing in relief.
"Okay, good," she says, walking around to get her coat, "the city's having a meeting today, parent only."
"What is it about?" I ask.
"Evacuation plans and stuff," she says.
After that video of the White House aired, they let everyone out of school, and told them to go home. Apparently, it wasn't just a video that was played in our school. The Blue had hacked almost everybody with smartphones, computers, and any other electrical devices. I wasn't a fake attack either. When I had gotten home, I went straight to the television. On there, the news was on, that's all we ever watch. It had been all over the news too. The Blue was starting their attack on the original thirteen and everybody knew it.
"Silver, I want you to stay here, make sure everything is locked and secure," my  mother said, "I'll be back in half an hour!" she says, walking out of our house, "I love you."
"love you too mom." I softly reply.
Once she left I quickly went upstairs, and cried. I was going to die, I thought. It kept replaying over and over in my head.
...to die. the last thoughts in my head, as I drifted off to sleep.
                                              *************************************************

"Wow..." I heard a deep voice.
"You're... beautiful... you sleep," I kept hearing the voice. I thought it was in my dreams, but then it became clear.
"Makes me wonder why I ever left you," said the voice, it sounded like a british accent. After I realized who the voice belongs to, my eyes flew open. I turned around to see Joseph, my ex, sitting in my arm chair.
"Hello love," he says calmly, "it's been so long."
"How did you get in here," I say, ignoring everything he just said.
"Well, isn't it obvious," he says, like I know, "I came to see the woman I love."
"We are not in love!!" I yell, getting up from the bed. It's almost 6. Mom left at 12, what's taking so long.
"Really?" he says mysteriously, "because the last time I saw you, you kept crying and yelling that you loved me."
"Things change over time," I say coldly.
Joseph Farmer, my first boyfriend, and the last person that I would ever like to see. Joseph was from the UK, I don't know how he got into the US, and honestly, when I met him, I didn't care. He was the boy every straight girl wanted. Even though, he was three years older than me, he was strong, smart, and that accent could win anybody over. So, when he approached me one day, I felt that he was a gift from heaven. He brought me happiness, and at that point in my life, I really needed that. Later, when it was the summer, he started to talk about The Blue, in a positive way. I honestly that he was going crazy. I guess I was right. The day the recruitment videos hit Atlanta, he became obsessed. The recruitment videos tried to persuade people to join The Blue. Only a few went, including Joseph. And that was the last time I saw him. Him getting to ready to leave me and me screaming I loved him. Just to find out that I don't.
"You were just a blinder, a distraction, so that I could escape the real world, Joseph," I continue, "you leaving me was probably the best thing that ever happened to me."
"Hmm," that's all he said, "well, as much as I would like to, I didn't come back here to win you back."
"Good," I snort, crossing my arms and looking to the side.
"Look, you need to know, that if you step out of this house, your life is in danger," he says, sternly.
"Wha-"
"Let me finish!" he snaps, "this house, is a safe zone, but only you can be in it."
I stare at him with confusion, but then I realize... He was recruited by The Blue.
"YOU!!" I yell, pointing at him, while walking back, "you... The Blue... how," I stutter, unable to come out with words.
"Listen to me, Silver," he says resting his hands on my face, only for me to push him away.
"Stay here all of tonight, and tomorrow, please?" He begs, his eyes wide, his chest heaving.
"Get out," I say softly. He remains where he stands, "GET OUT!!" I scream. He backs up, but keeps his eyes on mine.
"Oh yeah, happy birthday," he says, reaching into his pocket and placing a box on my coffee table. Then he walks out.
I breath deeply from all the frustration, confusion, and anger that I feel. Anger, because the man that I have hate, showed up in my bedroom. Confusion, because I was just told stay in my house, for what reason, I don't know, but I will find out. And frustration, because the only person today that remembered that today I turn 19, was my socially-confused, evil, ex boyfriend.