Chapter Four

We ran from door to door.

"Come meet us outside the school, it's important," I could hear William talking from the house next to the one I was at. They all kept asking questions, the kids. Parents that had kids older than 13, left them at home, while parents of younger children took their kids with them. Most of the ones at their house were thirteen or older. Most of them, I recognized from school. Mostly everybody knew each other, so they trusted us.

Carmen and William Lobb-Holster and Silver Beckham, jogging to different houses to tell them to meet us at the front of the school.

_________________________________________

"We suspect that there will be an attack by The Blue tomorrow," William announces loudly.

Murmurs from the crowd start to increase in sound.

"Our parents are still in that meeting, I don't know what's going on," he continues, "but, if you choose to help and fight..." he paused, as if he was waiting for the crowd's response.

"The Blue won't get our city that easily," he says, with a mixture of confidence and anxiousness.

William was always inspirational, but he never lied. Everybody who knew what real life was. They knew that we could never win against The Blue.

If The Blue could take out most of the United States, then they could definitely drown us out in a single blow. But we weren't trained like that, most of us went to SAAL. If a threat like this came, we were trained and prepared to stand our ground no matter what.

death... injury... grievings... pain... loss... No Matter What.

Many questions were asked, some walked away, others stayed us and didn't ask any questions.

William explained to everyone that we needed to head to City Hall, where the meeting was taking place. It was getting dark, around 8 o'clock.

My heart was leaping with anxiety, as I led the group of teenagers to the meeting. As I saw edges of the marble building that held everyone's guardians and parents, I had a bit of hope jump into my mind

she's fine, nothing happened, she's fine...

Everything was quiet, nothing made a sound, except for the usual cricket callings.

Carmen ran up to the two gigantic doors of the structure, but midway into grabbing the handle, she stopped.

Everything Stopped...

She turned to us with her eyes wide. Carmen didn't move at all. All I could hear were her deep breaths, shaking a little.

The End...

William and I came swiftly, William with a stride to get to his sister, and me with hesitation. I did not want to see what was behind that door. But, I had to and when I reached to them, it had felt like I had just died inside.

The End...

Faces...faces of agony. Still bodies, piled against the clear doors. No blood. Just Faces.