Chapter Three

The events that had just passed about 20 minutes ago were extremely confusing.

'stay here all of tonight, and tomorrow'... what did that mean? I went downstairs to look at the time.

6:24pm.

What was taking my mom so long. So many questions for no one to answer. So, I guess I had to figure it out.

I grabbed my coat, and my keys.

'this house is a safe zone...'

All of a sudden, my heart rammed against my rib cage, as sudden realization washed over me.

My hands shook trying to open the door. Disobeying Joseph's clear instructions, but there was no way Joseph, especially with my life. I yanked it open, and ran out to Carmen's house which was a few blocks down the road. I sprinted, adrenaline fueling my abrupt energy.

When I reached Carmen's home, I almost ran face first into her door. I banged on it, yelling, "Carmen, it's me please open the door, please!!"

My palm hit the door a couple more times, until she opened it slightly.

"Girl!" she spoke, wide eyed, "you can't start screaming all over the place, you'll scare the neighbors," she says, knowing that that's really not a good reason.

"Now get in here," she pulls me in, not asking a single question.

"Did you run here, why are you breathing so hard?!" she's concerned.

"Car-" I start to say, until a tall, broad figure from the back room. The platinum blonde hair slightly hanging across the person's was a dead giveaway.

William.

"Hey Silver," he says with a quivering smirk. He looked all over the place except me. But I looked directly at him. It must've went on for a couple minutes, but it felt like hours. When did he get back? Thoughts flowing through my brain till Carmen broke my trance.

"Oh my god, you guys really need to learn how to act like real people when they see their long-lost love," she teases.

"What!" we both say almost simultaneously. I saw him look at her wide-eyed, me copying his expression. But not in the way of 'you are crazy to think that,' like he was showing, it was the 'stop talking' expression I was giving her.

"You know what, I'm gonna go..." William trails off, walking back into the room. I could hear slight disappointment in his voice, but I didn't pay it any mind because I didn't come here to swoon over Carmen's brother.

"Carmen, something is about to go down," I say finally giving my attention back to my bestfriend. One thing that I love about Carmen is that she doesn't ask questions. She knows I would never lie to her. If you're close to her, she will believe you no matter what you say. No questions about it, or the checking of my sanity.

"Tell me," she says sitting down.

"I saw Joseph, and he wa-"

"Wait... you... saw... Joseph?" she slowly asks.

"Yeah..." I say looking down, "but that's not the point."

I go on to explain to Carmen everything that happened with Joseph. Every single detail. From when we got out of school early, until I got here. But all of that didn't matter for what I had to tell her.

"I think something is going to happen tomorrow," I announce.

"What?"

I put my head in my hands, and put my elbows on my knees, closing my eyes so that no tears escape my eye sockets. I feel warm hands on my shoulder, they were hard, muscular. The hand was big, I could tell it wasn't Carmen's tiny, slim fingers. I looked up to see William on the other side of the couch looking at me with concerned eyes.

"What," he said quietly. I laughed to myself a little. He was always quiet and shy around me. He goes around the couch and he sits down next to me. He puts his arm around me, but before he places it on my shoulder, he gives me a look, asking for permission. I nod with a small smile. And he proceeds with his resting arm. He gently pulls me in, my shoulder resting on his chest.

I take a deep breath, calming myself, then I continue.

"I think The Blue is coming to Atlanta," I say, looking to Carmen. I see her blink a couple of times and look away. She does that when anxious. I feel William shift around in his seat.

"Jesus," murmured William. He moved his arm from around me, and started rubbing his face. Carmen broke into tears. Allowing me to cry also. But only a few tears got past my cheek bone, until William stood and moved himself to look at Carmen and I.

"We have to tell everybody," he said sternly.

"What's the point," replies Carmen, "All our parents are at that city hall meeti-"

She was interrupted by me almost screaming,

"Holy sh@#!!" I jump up from my seat, pacing around the room.

"What the h*ll is wrong with you?" Carmen says, alerted.

"Silver?" William grabs my arm softly, low enough for only me to hear. His eyebrows are pressed together.

"Why are they not back yet, it's been several hours," I say quickly and quietly.

I turn to William and Carmen and see that they have grasped what I've said.

"You're right," William says, looking to Carmen.

"Maybe the meeting is running late, I mean, w-we know that The Blue is starting to attack," she barely can say, "T-that c-c-could take hours to talk a-about."

"Carmen, you know d@mn well that's not the situation currently," William says speaking a little louder, "We need to go over there, on our way, we'll tell everyone about what's happening tomorrow."

Both me and Carmen nodded, agreeing.

So much was happening. I didn't know where to start first. And if something happened to our parents, what would we do.

I'm not a firm believer of a higher being, but,

'God, please help us...'