True Friends

Franks POV:

Currently I'm laying in my backyard, spread out amongst the cool grass. It's December, and it hasn't shown any signs of white crystals descending on the ground yet. I feel like it's a sign but I can't make sense of it. I feel it means something because it always snowed before, always came earlier than this. There's only a few more days until Christmas and I can't help but think about them. In my head I'm picturing them dancing in falling snow with a huge grin plastered across their face and that contagious giggle just- ugh. Sometimes I think of them so often I believe they are really here and it makes me happier. It gets me through the months in winter that hold a fog of sadness constantly around me. It's so much easier to believe my imagination then deal with my reality, not that it's horrible it's pretty alright but I wish it had something more. I feel like I'm only existing instead of living.

I want to live.

It's my last year of high school and I have no idea what I want to do with my existence. They say all young adults go through that " Wtf do I do with my life" phase and I understand it now that I'm creeping towards a point where everything is soon to become nothing but chaos.

"You should really go to college"
"Your future is so important"
"Don't fuck up your life by not getting a good education like I did..."

Honestly, I should give more of a fuck about my future but the last time I planned it out it was ripped from my very hands. That's one road I don't want to revisit. I'll take life as it comes at me, no planning it out, and if shit hits the fan well fuck that's something I'll deal with when it comes. I want to experience every single scene of my life whether it's enjoyable or not.

I opened my eyes and looked above me at the puffy grayish clouds and took in a few deep breaths. As soon as I closed my eyes again my phone starting to buzz beside me. I wanted to ignore it because this moment was so peaceful and silent, I didn't want it ruined. After about 30 seconds it stopped and I sighed. I knew I had to look sooner than later.

*Unknown Number*

It's was probably just someone trying to sell me something, it's the holiday season after all.

I pocketed my phone and stood up to walk back in to my house.

I hope it snows soon...