Chapter 10

Tom

I rolled over to see Liz knocked out next to me. Last night was the best night of my life. I finally proved to Liz that I actually like her more than a friend. I took my arm out from under me to move a piece of her hair out of her face. She moaned my name, curled up into my chest and went back to sleep. Just then I heard a knock on the door. I got up to see who it was I looked threw the key hole to see that it was Jay.

“Shit,” I whispered to myself.

I need to fix this room. I looked down to see that I still had no boxers on. “Shit,” I said again. My pants.

I ran over to put a pair of boxers and pair of pants.

“Tom,” I heard Jay knock. “Open the door.”

I looked over at Liz who rolled over.

I scratched my head, “One second.”

I needed to make this place look like two people had slept in two separate beds. I messed up the other bed so it looked like I had slept in the other. I walked towards the door.

“God Damn it,” her clothes are all over the place. I took Liz’s clothes and threw them into the bathroom and closed the door.

“Tom is there something wrong.”

“No hang on.”

I opened the door to a Jay who had a puzzled look on his face.

“Are you ok?” he asked raising his eyebrow.

“Yeah never better,” I lied.

“I hope you had a shirt on last night before my girlfriend deiced to sleep with you. I-”

I blanked. Shit how did he find out. Bird couldn’t have.

“…Besides it’s totally inappropriate that you are half dressed anyway,” he said laughing. 

“Yeah,” I said moving my eyes to the left.

“So did you fight over who was going to sleep in what bed?”

“Huh?”

He started laughing. “There are two beds in here right? I’m surprised that I didn’t hear you two fighting over who had what bed.”

I looked at him and widened my eyes.

“Tom mate what’s the matter?” he said laughing and putting his hand on my shoulder. “You look like you’ve seen a ghost.”

I continued to stare at him.

He gave me a puzzled look back. “You guys did sleep in two separate beds right? Cause she told me that you snore a lot.”

“Oh yeah,” I said snapping out of my trance. “She fought with me so hard to have the bed closest to the bathroom. You know Liz,” I said swinging my arm nervously.

“Yeah I know,” Jay said rolling his eyes. “Is she up?”

I looked over my shoulder to see if Liz was sleeping. She was wide awake looking at me shaking her head. Luckily she was hidden behind the wall so Jay couldn’t see.

“Ugh…I don’t think so.”

“Well can you tell her then when she wakes up that I need to talk her about last night? I wanted to tell her what an ass I was.”

“Yeah I’ll tell her that. See you soon,” I said closing the door.

I looked over at Liz who had her hand on her palm. I sat on the bed and took her hand and held it.