III : the Otter vs the Swan - Part 1

Hi, hey and hello!

So, a lot of Twihards and Potterheads keep hollering 'bout who's better; Hermione or Bella. So here's my collections of comparisons....

Dedicated to my first readers ;)

--------

Part 1: Feminism

Generally, when the word feminism springs up, people be like, "Great. Another man-hating, insult-spewing feminist."

Now, I'm here to annihilate that stereotype. Being a feminist myself, or an 'equalist' (as Superwoman perfectly puts it), I'm ready to slap the living daylights out an idiot who hops about degrading women's dignity.

So, how have our female heroines helped the concept of feminism?

Hermione Granger: Hermione is about everything a good feminist aspires to be. Cleverer that most guys, male-independent, loyal, bold, you name it.

She doesn't go about mooning over boys, unlike Bella, who quickly 'falls in love' with Edward. She is deservedly called the brightest witch of her age and her talents surpass many of her male peers.

(Ron & Harry: *grin sheepishly*)

However, when Hermione did develop feelings for Ron, she wasn't very good at expressing it, was she? She let her pride get in the way, and couldn't tell Ron directly about how much she loved him. But thankfully, in the Deathly Hallows, they confess up.

Isabella Swan: Bella is mostly a typical character out of a teenage vampire romance book. Girl meets boy, both fall in love, girl discovers boy is a vamp, girl insists on relationship, etc. It's like her life revolves around Edward and her love for him! Girl, get a life. There's more to life than romance.

  Thankfully, Bella doesn't go about loving random strangers, either, but finds herself 'irrevocably in love' with Edward within a few weeks or months without EVEN GETTING TO KNOW HIM WELL!

But, in comparison to Mione, I like that fact that she was a lil more straightforward with her feelings and more openly expressed them to Edward.

--------

Who wins this round? Hermione or Bella?

YOU DECIDE!

Sorry if it's a little short, but I don't want to cram everything into a single post but instead space things out into various posts.

Keep calm and LOL,

MistyOceans.

P.S. Comments keep me motivated!