Chapter Fifty Eight

74th day in Neverland

Alianna's point of view

My talk with Karter yesterday had deeply troubled me. I didn't know what to think anymore. I couldn't let Pan die, and I would've gladly given up my life for him, if it weren't for Ethan.

But perhaps I had to think of the bigger picture. If I didn't give him my heart, Pan was slowly going to lose his powers until he's left powerless, then dies. Afterwards, we have no guarantee that the Dark One isn't going to swoop in to get his revenge. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he'd arrive once Pan is weak but still alive. He'd capture all of us, every single Lost Boy, and torture us, either for amusement or revenge.

If I did the selfish thing, if I did what Pan wanted, I wouldn't only be compromising his life, I'd be compromising Neverland and all its inhabitants. Even Ethan. Especially Ethan. I couldn't let that happen, I was going to have to do something.

***

I found who I'd been searching for in the training center, just like I'd predicted. He was always lurking there, hood covering his face, mace balanced on the shoulder, never really doing anything except watching the others.

"Felix?" I asked as I tapped his shoulder.

He turned around and smiled when he saw me. It wasn't exactly warm and pleasant but I didn't let that bother me. "Well, if it isn't the beautiful Alianna herself," he drawled. "Decided to abandon your lover boy to mingle with the mere mortals? Should I faint in honor?"

I rolled my eyes at his mockery. "I need your help."

He raised his eyebrows. "From me? Can't your precious Peter Pan do it for you?"

"Felix, I'm serious."

"What do you want?" He huffed.

"I need you to call a meeting. Jake told me that you can since you're second in command."

"A meeting for what?" He asked. I could see that he was now curious.

I smiled, I knew that I'd won. "Call the meeting and you'll see."

***

Half an hour later all the Lost Boys in Neverland plus Pan and I were gathered around the long table in the meeting hut. The only ones missing were Ethan and Sam. I couldn't help but feel glad that Ethan wasn't here, it would just make things worse and I wouldn't be able to think rationally if he was present. I'd been in here only once before, on my third day here. That's when I'd truly realized how much of a monster Pan was. So much had changed from that time, it already felt like a lifetime ago.

Pan was seated in the high backed chair at the end of the table, I was on his immediate left, Felix on his right. The people closest to me were Jake, Ian, even Karter. Then further along the table were the boys I'd hardly ever spoken to. The two seats on either side of Ian were empty.

"Where's Sam?" I whispered to him.

Just at that moment, the doors opened and Sam and Ethan entered. I shot up to my feet, oblivious to all the eyes on me.

"Sam, you can't be serious! Ethan shouldn't be here!" I cried out.

He looked at me and shrugged. "Why not?"

"He's just a child!"

"So is everyone else here," Jake murmured but it was heard clearly throughout the whole hut.

I glared at him. "You know what I mean. He shouldn't have to listen to this."

"If anyone has the right to hear this debate, it's Ethan. You're his sister, he should be present, child or not," Sam said.