Chapter 2

PIC OF JAYDON ON THE SIDE!!!

Jaydon’s POV

I stared at the edge of the cliff as the tears ran down my face. I didn’t care anymore. I just wanted all of this pain to be gone. My mom is right. It is my fault that Tristan is dead. If only I had tried to save him. I can’t even remember why I didn’t do something to help him. Was I to scared?

The tears came faster as I tried to make myself remember what happened that day. I was chasing him through these woods and I knew he was going too far. I tried to get him to stop but he just kept running and turning his head back to me while he laughed. I saw the cliff before he did and screamed for him to stop but he just kept looking at me while running and then he wasn’t there anymore.

After that I have never been able to figure out what happened next. I’m pathetic. I just let my little brother die. And now after eight years all I want to do is join him, wherever he is.

I straightened and walked over to the cliff to look down into the water below. I’m not scared anymore. I feel like this is exactly what I am supposed to be doing.

I stretched my arms out and smiled a little before taking another step closer to the edge.  I shook the feeling of being watched away. I have felt that my whole life but every time I look, there’s never anyone there.

I took a deep breath and let it out slowly as I leaned forward. I felt myself fall for only a moment before being yanked backwards and slammed into something hard. The powerful hit had me gasping out and grabbing onto...cloth? I didn’t have time to open my eyes before hitting the ground with a hard thump.

The breath got knocked out of me as I landed on top of something hard yet soft at the same time. I kept my eyes closed, putting my head down.  The thing I landed on started to move and it felt as if a pair of arms wrapped around me. Comforting me. My body instantly started to relax on its own.

“What the-“ I started to say as I opened my eyes to see what I was laying on and my words trailed off as I realized that I wasn’t laying on top of something but instead had landed on someone. That someone being the most beautiful thing that I have ever seen.

We stared at each other for a few minutes in complete silence. It’s like my brain was stuck in wonder mode and couldn’t comprehend where this beautiful boy had come from.

I noticed his arm start to move to my face and felt tingles shoot through my body when he softly ran his fingers across my face.

My body was urging me to lean down slightly, just enough for our lips to touch. I could already tell it would feel magical. Whoa, what am I talking about? I don’t even know this boy. Why would I think something like that?

I quickly pushed myself up and jumped away from him. “Where the hell did you come from?!”

The boy didn’t respond to my shout. He lay in the same spot, not moving and stared at me with an intensity that had me biting my lip and looking away quickly.

“Who are you?” I asked once again as the silence started to become awkward. Well even more awkward then it already was.

After another minute of silence, I sighed heavily, thinking that he wouldn’t answer after my second attempt. I turned and started to walk away, stopping mid step as I heard his soft voice behind me.

“You can see me?”

I turned slowly, confused by his question, “What?”

His eyes brightened a little and he smiled, “You see me.”