Epilogue

Three Years Later

The feeling of warm breath tickled my skin and I felt someone's hand stroking my face, beginning with my forehead and finishing with my lips. I blinked several times before my eyes were fully open, and felt myself smiling subconsciously at the sight of a groggy-looking Lauren. She smiled and pushed a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Good morning, darling."

Waking up to Lauren in the morning was something I wished and imagined myself doing when we were together at eighteen. That thought disappeared once I left her, and I never thought it would happen. But now, here I was. Opening my eyes to the one and only Lauren Jauregui. My beautiful wife.

"Good morning," I smiled lazily, grabbing her hand that was resting on my body and holding it in mine. "How long have you been awake for?"

Her eccentric green eyes were sparkling with amusement. "Long enough to admire you whilst you were asleep."

I felt my face heating up as I dug my head into my pillow with embarrassment. My voice came out muffled as I complained. "Why do you always do that? I look terrible when I've woken up. You know that."

I heard her chuckle as she kissed the top of my head. "No, Y/N. Only you know that. Or should I say think that. To me, you look beautiful like you always do."

She was always throwing in random compliments to me like that, and she knew I hated them because I never knew how to respond. Yet, she still continued to say them to me, knowing how awkward I got.

I groaned, only fuelling her laughter. I felt the weight on the mattress lighten and I peeked from the corner of my pillow, only to see her stretching her arms and legs. A purple tank top hung off her torso showing off her pale chest and arms, and some black pyjama shorts covered her legs, yet still revealed a bit of her milky-coloured thighs and the rest of her legs. Her curves were clearly noticeable and I couldn't help but smile at how beautiful she was. Even after all these years, I would never get used to her whole being.

"You need to get up," she turned my way, smiling softly. "I'm gonna jump in the shower and then you can, too. The cake is in the fridge and we'll surprise Eddie when we're both ready."

She walked gracefully towards the cupboard that contained both of our clothing. As she collected her clothing that she would change into after the shower, I pulled myself up and sat, leaning against the headboard. I watched Lauren as she found her clothing, and smiled to myself. I would never get used to the fact that I would be spending the rest of my life with this girl.

"I'll be quick," she promised, sending me a smile as she made her way to the conjoined bathroom in our room, it being separated by a single wooden door.

"It would be a lot quicker if we showered together, y'know," I stated indifferently, earning her attention. "Saves water, too.

She laughed and raised an eyebrow. "I wouldn't be too sure about that, Y/N. Knowing you, it would take longer."

"You know me too well," I playfully narrowed my eyes at her.

"Well enough," she teased, moving forward and pecking my cheek. "Now I'm going to be in the shower alone if you need anything."