13

•thirteen•

Gabriella overslept.

She was late by 5 minutes, therefore she didn't meet luke at the elevator.

*

"That'll be $14. Thank you, come again soon!" She said to the lady in front of her.

She glanced at the clock. 1 more hour. Only 1 more hour, gabriella.

Must. Survive.

She took a deep breath, forced a smile and turned to face the next customer.

"Good eve- Luke? what you doing here?"

There was the grinning guy, standing in front of her with his usual grin. Doesn't it hurt your face if you grin so much?

"I was walking downtown when I saw this bakery. I figured I should come and say hi to you. Missed me?" He wriggled his brows.

"Keep flattering yourself, loki." She chuckled. "How come you know I work here? And don't you have work?

"I only work until 3 on saturdays." He shrugged. "And I see your uniform everyday, you know."

"Oh. Right." She said. "Well, want something to eat?"

He shrugged. "I'll get what you recommend." He said, pulling his wallet out.

"I got it, grinning boy." She pushed his wallet away. "Just sit there-" She pointed to one of the brown chairs. "-and prepare yourself to taste a piece of heaven." She grinned.

*

After luke had finished his choco velvet cake, he walked to her.

"Thanks, abby. That really tasted heavenly."

"I know." She smirked.

"We should go somewhere tomorrow, so I can pay you back." Luke suggested, raising his brow.

"It's not a problem, really, that one doesn't cost much." She shrugged.

"So you don't want to go out with me?" He fake-pouted. She laughed.

"What? Of course not-"

"Perfect." He smirked. "I'm going to wait until you're done here, let's just go back to the flats together."

*

VOTE

COMMENT

AND THANKS FOR READING! :-)