24b

•twenty four (b)•

Gabriella was ignoring him.

What did he do, anyway? What could make her possibly ignore him? Because he didn't explain why he sent charlene to her room on monday?

It had nothing to do with her, why did she want to know?

He glanced at his phone. She didn't reply to his texts.

If Luke told her the reason behind it, it would definitely lead him to tell her everything else. Like, about sharon, his dad, charlene. And luke just didn't feel like sharing. It was all in the past, why would he share his past with someone?

"Luke?" Charlene looked at him from across the table weirdly.

"Yeah? You said something?"

"Yeah. I got an A on math!" She grinned.

"That's great!" He grinned too. He finished his dinner and walked to wash his dish.

He looked back at charlene and felt a tug on his heart. She was eating dinner happily, like everything in her life was perfect.

He felt bad about the kid. Charlene had never met her dad, and she only had 3 years of her life to see her mom. Yet she was still grateful of everything she had, she was a wonderful kid.

He promised to himself never to let his dad take her away from him, he couldn't let that pathetic excuse of a dad to destroy her world even more.