The Truth

"You okay?"

Storm and I sat by Camilla. "Clearly not!" I could barely tell what she was saying over her sobs. This was the first time I'd seen her cry. "Would you be okay of you figured out your father was a liar who cheated death hundreds of times! Or figured out he was the guy you were supposed to receive the Avidity Glass from?" Tears ran down her cheeks.

"I'm sorry, really.." Storm tried to console her. "But there's not really anything we can do... This is an issue only you and Jellal can resolve, maybe even Erza, if she can handle all the emotion." He snickered, but Camilla gave him a stone cold glare.

I went back inside, wanting to bring Jellal out to talk to her. When I went in, all I saw was a shadowy, cloaked figure walking sadly out of the Guild Hall. "Oh no you don't!" I shouted, running over to him. I grabbed his arm and dragged him along with me. "Jellal, Hudson, whoever the heck you are... you need to talk to your daughter. Now."

He didn't argue.

I nearly threw him on to the ground in all my anger. No person should hide secrets like this from their own kin. I dragged Storm out with me, slamming the Guild doors to give them some privacy. Storm tapped my shoulder, pulling my head out of a window. We were eavesdropping. It was wrong, but I needed to know Camilla was okay.

Everything was quiet.

Then someone spoke.

"So?"

Silence.

"Are you going to sit there looking stupid or are you going to tell me what the hell is wrong with you!?" Camilla sounds more serious than she ever has. And being that she was the daughter of Erza, she must be serious.

Jellal sighed. "I can't tell you why I do these things. In fact, if I did, it would put you and Erza in danger."

Camilla scoffed. "I don't care! I can handle anything!"

"You act like you can beat all of the terrible things in the world, Camilla, but you can't." Jellal coughed, then continued. "There are too many bad things to stop."

"I can try." Camilla was crying. "Just tell me..."

It was quiet for a moment. I looked through a crevice in the door's hinge and saw Camilla sitting on the ground with her face covered as she was sobbing. Jellal was watching her with a solemn face. "Fine."

He inhaled. "Someone is after me. I have received threats multiple times. I've tried hiding, faking death and changing names... but these threats always reach me. I don't want the ones I love to get hurt."

"I know." Camilla's voiced cracked. "But death isn't something to be played with. It's a serious force. I'm not sure my mother is ready to forgive you; neither am I. We can help you through this."

"No you can't! You are only a child!" Jellal put his hood back on.

Camilla jumped up, staring her father straight in the eye. "You listen to me, right now." She started out with a whisper, her voice growing louder. "I am not going to stand on the sidelines like a helpless child, especially if I know I can help. You let my mother and I help you, or you are no longer aloud anywhere near Fairy Tail, or any of it's members. Not even me. Do you understand!?"

Their faces were unable to be described. But with a sharp breath, Jellal nodded. He laughed quietly. "You certainly have you're mother's fierceness."

The door opened, and Storm and I jumped back, trying to act neutral. He gave it away. "We certainly weren't listening or anything... hehe..." Storm laughed awkwardly. I punched him in the shoulder.

"Don't worry." Camilla smiled, looking genuinely happy for the first time. "We've worked things out..."