The Missing

"Wait... You're a Celestial Dragon Slayer!?"

My mother gasped, and my father smiled at me with pointed teeth. I giggled. "Yeah, I know, right! It's totally awesome! The problem is that we didn't finish our mission..." I trailed off a moment. "But, still!" I jumped up and down excitedly.

"But..." Natsu's smile faded. "Dragon Slayers eat their element. What will you eat? I'm not sure you can eat stars?"

"You've got a point..." Lucy said. Without warning, something flew out of the ground, up into the air, and landed. It was Virgo, one of Lucy's spirits. She was holding a tray, where delicious foods were on top of it. I didn't know what kind of foods they were, they were foreign, but they made my mouth water.

"Virgo?" Lucy said, surprised. "What are you doing here? I didn't summon you..."

"I brought food for Princess Nashima." Virgo gestured to her food, which was steaming. I stepped forwards it, asking her. "Why did you bring me food? I have things here."

"You cannot eat the stars, Princess," Virgo explained. "So I bring celestial foods from my world for you to fuel your powers with." She handed me a piece of food; it was similar to an apple-looking thing that was glowing gold. I bit into it, and it was as if all of my favourite foods joined together into one delicious object.

Virgo smiled at my pleasure. "I assume you are satisfied?"

I took another bite of the celestial apple. "Yes, yes, yes!"

"Oh, and Queen Lucy..." Virgo turned to my mother. "Greetings from us in the Celestial World." She disappeared, digging back into the ground as Lucy waved at her.

I finished the apple, and the core of the magical fruit disappeared into thin air. My parents left, delving into conversation with other guild members.

I felt a finger tap my shoulder. When I turned around, Storm was standing there looking at me. "Hey, Nashi, have you seen Neva anywhere? My mother's freaking out and my dad told me to look for her. She tends to wander off sometimes... Neva is only 8 years old, so yeah..." He looked embarrassed.

"No, I haven't seen her anywhere, sorry." I replied. I could hear Juvia crying from somewhere in the Guild Hall, her tears more rapid and destructive than most because she was a water mage. "Where did you see Neva last?"

Storm's face went blank, his blue eyes going dull. "I don't recall seeing Neva at all for the past week... But nobody has noticed it... How could we not notice Neva being missing? She's such a loud person! Nobody even knew my little sister was gone--"

"Storm," I said, putting my hand on his arm. "Calm down. We'll find Neva."

"You don't get it!" Storm said to me angrily. He really cared about Neva Fullbuster. More that I thought. "You don't have any siblings to look after! What if we don't find her?"

I couldn't answer for a while. I walked up to Juvia and Grey, and began to question them. "Where did you see Neva last?" I asked, and Juvia broke down in tears.

"I-I-" She stuttered. "I remember my Neva talking to Pythios and Huojin... you know, Levy's sons? But that was over a week ago. I haven't seen her at all for the last couple days... Where'd my baby go?"

"I remember seeing her talking to Mirajane at the bar counter," Grey said coolly. He was completely calm. "They were discussing certain quests that were on the board..."

"Oh, tell me Neva didn't go on a quest!" Juvia said hysterically. "She's too young!"

I left, walking over to the request board. There were seven requests pinned on to the cork, but there was no way to tell if Neva had taken one or not. Requests were constantly getting taken. Neva could be anywhere.

"I think I know where Neva went..." Storm said from behind me, frowning. "I asked Mirajane what they had been talking about... and I think Neva went on an S-class quest."

"She couldn't have!" I exclaimed in disbelief. "Neva was practically raised in the Guild, she would know better!"

"There are only two S-class wizards in the guild. There were three requests on the board for about a month. And people remember seeing her up on the second floor..." Storm's voice faded. "They thought she was just looking at them... but I think she took a quest."

I remember Juvia breaking out in tears again, while Grey condoled her. Storm looked upset; I didn't know he had cared so much about his sister.

"Then we have to find her."