Chapter 21

"Yep, that's broken. It's starting to swell." I poke his nose again.

"Can you stop poking it and take me to the hospital. I can't see my feet anymore." He says. I laugh.

"I'll call a paramedic to come get you." I say picking up my phone and dialing the number of the nearest hospital.

"Keep his head up and we'll be right over, ma'am." The paramedic says before I hang up. Calum sits down on the couch with a water bottle.

"Raise your head. The medic said to keep it up until they get here." I tell him.

"How do I drink my water then?"

"You don't." I smile putting the ice pack from before back on his nose.

"Well that isn't fair." He pouts.

"Open your mouth." I take his water bottle from his hand and pour a generous amount of water in his mouth. He spits it out all over the floor and looks up at me.

"You're so evil." He laughs wiping his mouth. He picks up the ice pack from the floor and dries the water off of it before leaning his head back and putting it back on his nose.

"Thank you." I chuckle sitting down next to him on the couch. "I could be a nurse."

"For an asylum." He mumbles.

"You can't say that I haven't been taking good care of you!" I shout playfully punching his arm. "I stopped the bleeding, I cleaned you up, I called the hospital. You're welcome for all of it. If you weren't my best friend's boyfriend, I would have left you on the floor."

"Luke came back. After we left, he went back in the house. I never knew my best friend could be so dangerous."

"You didn't know that he was hardcore bulling me and my best friend?"

"Well no. I was never around when he did it, I guess." He looked down.

"Anna and I always fought back. She told me to stop fighting for a week and she could barely walk to my car with out falling like Bambi on the last day." I chuckle at the memory. She never let the pain get to her, she always laughed it off. "I think he..." I stopped to think. "I think he could even be deadly. There's something about him that makes me crazy uneasy." I tell him.

"I've had those thoughts too. I've uh started sleeping with my bedroom door locked." He chuckles. "He's started sleepwalking, scares the crap out of me when I wake up with him stand in front of my bed." He says. I point up and he raises his head before continuing.

"That must be creepy."

"Imagine waking up and looking around your room on a bright Saturday morning and the first thing you see is a giant unconscious man staring at you with an icy look from where he stands directly in front of your bed. Hope that scares the shit out of you like it does to me." He laughs.

"I freaking hate you. That's creepy as hell and now you're making me imagine it with vivid details." I chuckle hitting his arm again.

"I wake up to banging on my door at like midnight and stuff, that's him trying to get through a locked door."

"Fuck. That's scary." I brought my legs up to my chest hugging them tightly.

"I looked it up and I think he's depressed. He started sleep walking last week, I think. What's today?"

"Sunday." I groan. "We have school tomorrow."

"It was about a week ago. I heard stories of people sleep running. People running in their sleep to escape their nightmares. It's crazy." He takes a sip of his water, holding the ice pack on his face.

The doorbell rings and our eyes land on the door.

"That must be the paramedics." He smiles.

"You can't leave me alone in this house with just my thoughts. Especially with what you just told me." I say.

"Come with me then." He chuckles shrugging. They put him on a gurney and get ready to load him into the back of the ambulance.

"Ma'am, are you coming?" A paramedic asks me.

"I guess so." I sigh getting into the back with him. They closed the doors and we were off to the hospital.

*****
-hello there
-so I'm in a great mood today because of tiaraisapenguin
-she's like super nice and sweet and she actually likes one of my books
-so I recommend that you follow her
-moving on
-how is everyone?
-good?
-great
-anyway
-I sound like a creep lh
-byee
*****
-Nicole