Chapter 40

-Calum POV-

"Hey Mali." I shout down the stairs to her.

"What?" She shouts at me from the lounge area.

"Which room is mine again?" I ask.

"The only other room in the hall." She chuckles.

"Oh yeah." I say walking into my room. Everything feels weird over here in Mali's New York apartment.

"Cal." She says walking into my room.

"Hmm?" I ask taking a seat on my bed.

"Could you run over to Laura's and get a cup of sugar?"

"Sure." I smile slipping on my shoes and a jacket. "I'll be right back." I say before leaving the house. I walk down the side walk to Laura's house. Mali kinda introduced me to all the neighbors so I wouldn't feel out of place.

I walk up to her doorstep and knock on her door.

"Hey Calum, what can I do for you?" She smiles.

"Could I get a cup of sugar for Mali please?" I ask.

"Sure thing. Come on in, I'll get that for you." She says turning on her heel, her long red hair flowing behind her. She kinda has a bit of a southern accent. I walk into her apartment, a warm sense filling the air. "Here you go." She smiles handing me the measuring cup. "Bring it back when you're finished."

"Thanks Laura."

"Anytime Calum." I walk out the door, back to mine. When I reach my doorstep, I walk in and hand the cup to Mali.

"Your neighbors are nice." I smile sitting on the couch.

"It's ours now." She corrects me.

"Right." I nod. "So what are you making?" I ask getting up to walk over to her.

"Don't come over here yet. Its not finished yet." She tells me. "Give me like an hour." She says.

"Okay. I'll be in my room if you need me." I tell her going up the stairs. I walk into my room and take my shoes and jacket off. I pull out my phone and send a quick text to Anna.

C: Hey babe, how's everything?

I don't get an answer for a while but when I do, I didn't expect it.

M: its terrible. Mikey's in the hospital.
C: what? Why?
M: a coma by car crash. Texting while driving.

Oh man. This was my fault. I shouldn't have told him that joke.

C: oh. How long has he been in?
M: since yesterday
C: is he doing okay?
M: I hope so.
M: they're actually making me leave right now.
C: I should give you some time. I need some myself.
M: alright cal

I put my phone away and put a hand up to my mouth. I feel tears behind my eyelids. I let them spill and quickly wipe them away. I take a deep sigh before getting up. I put my shoes and jacket on again. It would nice if I could get run over by a car.

I jog down the stairs.

"Hey Cal, where you off to?" Mali asks.

"Somewhere." I sigh.

"Should I come with you? I don't want you to get lost."

"No, I'm fine. I just need some air." I tell her.

"Okay, but take Laura with you in case you decide to go sight seeing. She knows this place better than I do." She chuckles. I nod and walk out the door.

-Marianna POV-

I walk to my house. My porch only a few feet away. Then I hear my name being called. A black car stops on the curb of the house I'm walking pass. Missy steps out and walks over to me with a viscous grin. She has a pink cast on her arm that has numerous names signed on it.

"Hey slut." She says as she approaches me. "I've heard about your recent kissings."

"Y-You have?" I ask.

"Did I stutter, whore?" I look down. "And my boyfriend is on the list." She says through gritted teeth, shoving me to the ground.

"How did you hear about that?" I try and scramble to my feet. But she places one of her high heels on my ribs.

"Well when he came to me telling me he wants to break up because he likes Marianna Williams, I just added up the pieces."

"He did?"

"Yes he did. And now you have a new bully. See you tomorrow bitch." She says as she walks back to the car. "Oh and I'm sorry about yesterday, I should watch where I'm driving." She smirks finally getting in the car.

She did it. She hit Michael.

*****
-hiii
-so I added a cast
-I think it fits pretty well
-so thank you guys for everything that you have done
-I hope you enjoyed the chapter
-I'll see you guys in the next one
-bye
*****
-Nicole