Taking A Walk

( Eren gets depressed, they go looking for things to set up camp, and Eren and Levi have a chat.
They'resomarried )
~
Eren walked with Levi and looked back at the Titan crazed girl and nodded, turning his head back forward then looking to the ground watching his feet step on the soft green grass. Eren sighed, and then memories of what Gunther and Erd said in that room flowed into his head. Eren tensed in anger and sadness, and tried to flush the upsetting memories of argument out of his head. Why now...? Maybe because I messed up, Eren thought to himself. I really am a brat, I can't even obey simple orders. Eren sighed lightly and continued taking his steps, accidentally bumping shoulders with corporal while walking while looking down by mistake.
Levi opened his mouth to chide at the young male for bumping into him, his expression immediately softening as he noticed Eren's dismay. "Hey..." He began as he paused in his footsteps and looked back towards him. "What's the matter, huh?.. Usually I can't get you to stop talking." He said as he gently reached out to rest his hand on the cadet's shoulder.
Eren stopped too once he heard Levi speak and turned his eyes to look at the man. Eren bit the inside of his lip, then let it go. He never really talked to Levi about how he felt.. He never really talked to anyone how he felt. Eren became less tense from the feel of Levis hand on his shoulder, it became more comforting. Eren took in a deep breath and looked at Levi with a bit of sorrow and worry. "..do you think I'm a monster?.."
Levi's eyebrows furrowed in concern as he shook his head slowly. "No.. No, you're not a monster.." He answered with a gentle tone as he watched the brunette's eyes with a newfound patience. "Is this about yesterday?.. I told you- the men were just scared, it had nothing to do with you, Eren..."
Eren let out a light sigh and nodded. "Okay.." Eren let out, and picked at his finger nail. Eren nodded once again. "yes, I know.. I'm sorry. I'm overreacting to this."Eren looked ahead, averting his eyes. Levi was right, they were just scared. Im just overreacting, Eren thought. A real brat I am.. Eren's eyebrows tensed a bit, he didn't want to bother Levi with his petty problems, he didn't want to bother Levi at all. Eren looked down and played with his hands.
"I'd be upset too, in your situation." He admitted as he gently pulled his hand away from the younger male and let out a breath. "Just... We're all going to have those moments where we begin to doubt ourselves.. I know I have. But when you have the faith of others in you, it'll be okay. And I know you'll do good, Eren." He said as he reached up to ruffle the younger male's hair. "I, and every other member of our squad, have faith in you- even if we don't show it as often as others."
Eren turned his face to Levi and looked at him with shining ocean eyes. Eren nodded slightly. He closed his eyes as he ruffled his hair then looked back into the males eyes. A small smile crept onto his lips and his look softened. "Thank you, corporal, and I have faith in you, as well as the rest of the squad."
"Then let's go." Levi nodded as he gestured towards a deeper area of the woods and rubbed his hands together with a sigh. "The breeze is already giving me chills. Let's get a fire going, shall we? I don't know when the others are coming back."
"A fire!" Hanji perked up with a grin as she took off in front of them. "Oh- there're some fungi that resides in the temperate climate outside the wall that are edible!!"
Eren nodded. "Okay!" He looked at the gestured area of woods. "Alright, let's go." The brunet turned to the bubbly voice from behind them to see that well known overly excited grin. "Lovely!! Then we're set."
Hanji nodded excitedly, running towards a clearing in the forest before sliding to her knees as she picked up a patch of dry grass and took off her glasses. "Alright!" She chirped. "I'm gonna need you two to go get some firewood while I get this tinder lighted up!"
"There she is again.." Levi muttered, hiding a dry smile before he nodded and began walking in the opposite direction in search of wood. "Come on, Eren." He beckoned.
Eren watched her, and chuckled lightly. "Alright!!" Eren smiled and turned to follow Levi, and skipped to catch up with him. "Coming, sir!" He beamed and caught up, walking next to Levi.
Cute... Why the hell does he have to act so cute?... The older male thought to himself. Of course- he didn't speak his mind out loud. He merely walked along, playing his usual emotionless expression as he glanced back at Eren and nodded. "Eager, much?.." He asked, a small tinge of red splashed on his cheeks.
Eren smiled and looked at his corporal, coming up behind him. His short stature yet muscular body, and his pale skin. All his features just worked together to make such this... Attractive person. Eren looked at Levi with a smile. "I guess." He responded and caught up, noticing the slight blush that crept into his pale cheeks and smiled more.
"That's what I just don't get about you, kid.." Levi sighed, a soft, yet still deep chuckle leaving his lips as he shook his head and walked over a fallen tree trunk. "You've got drive. Hell- more than I've seen in cadets my age." He commented as his eyes fluttered to the brunette's bright eyes and the thin but sturdy frame of his figure.
Eren listened to his corporal talk, smiling at the wonderful sound of his laughter. He met eyes with the raven. "It takes strong dedication to be a strong soldier." Eren commented. "You could be the strongest person alive, but with no dedication or determination then that strength means nothing." Eren met eyes with Levi, his teal eyes shining in the light of the sun.
"Hm. You've got wisdom beyond your years, don't you.." He hummed, finally stepping into another clearing as he began to pick up dry fallen branches from the floor. "You must make some girl really happy..."

~~~