Part 2

After speaking with Matt on the phone, I started to watch some Christmas movie that was playing on Lifetime. I must have fallen asleep because the next thing I knew, a soft rapt at my bedroom door was waking me.

I opened my eyes groggily, seeing the clock on the bedside table flashing 19:56 and I groaned. It was almost eight pm and I'd yet to see my boyfriend. Some anniversary this was turning into.

"Penguin," I heard Matt's familiar voice sing form the door way. It was enough that I threw the bed covers off me and ran across the room, throwing myself at him, locking my legs behind his back. "I guess there's no reason for me to ask if you missed me, huh?"

"Shut up and kiss me," I demand. Thankfully, Matt's not the type that needs to be told twice, and as soon as the words were out, his lips crashed against mine. The kiss was greedy, just how I liked it, and our lips battled for dominance. Eventually, I gave in and allowed Matt to have the upper hand, opening my mouth to taste him thoroughly. Minty. As always. Slowly, the kiss ended, his lips leaving trails of kisses down my neck. "Hello, gorgeous."

"Beautiful," Matt murmured against the warm skin of my neck. His hands were still balancing me on him and I suddenly became aware that he was cupping my butt cheeks. I swatted them away and slowly untangled myself from his body. "Aw, I was just starting to like that position. It reminds me of that afternoon we shared in Florence."

I giggled at the memory of that afternoon and thanked every God above that the lights were off so that Matt couldn't see the blush that painted my cheeks pink. After a year of being together, Matt still made me blush like a thirteen year old fangirl.

"Talking about that," I said, moving closer to him so that I could smell his shirt. "You stink of airport and airplanes. Did you even shower before coming here?"

Matt shook his head. "Nope. Scott dropped me here right from the airport. I couldn't wait to see you. Guess I had the right idea because you fell asleep. You know what will wake you up?"

"Hm, what?" I asked, my hands trailing down to the hem of Matt's t-shirt so that I could tug it off. With him shirtless, I pulled him into the bedroom and kicked the door closed. "That's better."

"You are trying to seduce me, Mrs. Robinson," Matt laughed, reciprocating the removal of clothes by pulling my shirt over my head. "Want to join me for that shower?"

"Race you," I challenged.

While we showered together, Matt filled me in on everything that's happened with him since the last time we saw each other. It's only been eight days, but for us, it's a lifetime. His soccer season was over so he's been trying new sports to try and fill the void, although he's yet to find one he actually likes. He's thinking about taking up archery because it's cool and girls like a man with a bow and arrow. I told him not to get any ideas about wanting to impress other girls.

I told him about my course and how I've been trying to make new friends, but everyone seems to be too insular at MIT. The students that do any science majors all get along because they run labs and things together, but the mathematic students don't share that camaraderie. Or maybe they do, and I'm not a part of it. Either way, my best friends still remain Haley and Maggie.

I ask Matt if he's heard anything from Kat. Last I'd heard, she was busy travelling the world. She deferred college for a year and decided she wanted to see the world. She asked Wyatt to go with her and for a really long time, it seemed like he'd go. Then... I don't know. Something went wrong and Kat was stood up at the airport. Jake and Matt had to practically force her onto the plane before they decided to hunt Wyatt down. He said that college was more important to him than Kat.