Declan's POV

Declan's Pov

Dirt clouds the air in the forest. The ground, disturbed by the thunderous roar, shakes as the fierce warriors charge forth. I stand firm, rooted to the ground unamused with the pack in front of me. If only they knew that before I can even see them I know their capabilities, their stories, and capacity.They are small in size and have unintimidating features. Thankfully, the sound of the pack finally draws near, and I began to see the tops of their heads between the trees.

'I Need Blood.' My wolf Eros demands.

The gray wolf who led them slows to a trot and steps forward to face me, the lone wolf at the top of the hill. The man's bones begin to rearrange until he painfully rises from the dust as a human. "Please shift so we can discuss arrangements of your land, seeing as you have no army to defend yourself," The man demands.

I remain still but let a Wolfy smirk slip onto my face. This seems to confuse the man even further. Now they're frustrated with me, impatient. He steps forward and I nod my head, agreeing to shift. The pack watches as I morph with ease, something that is typically painful.

"Now I expect you to get off my land, seeing as you have no army to defend yourself either." I boom down at him. He furrows his eyebrows and turns to see his men gone without a trace. I chuckle lowly as he gasps and turns back to look at me.

"I see you've lived up to your name. The man who somehow wins without blinking an eye." He bows his head and shows me his neck in submission. I move towards him from my perch.

Blood.

"Please... Make sure my pack is okay."

I mind link a warrior to come collect him as he shows me his neck and looks me in the eyes. I draw my claw across his throat and let him collapse on the ground with his other pack members.

"Alpha." My warrior bows his head in respect, proud of my victory in war.

"James, Collect the body and bring it to Quelight Pack to collect tribute. Burn the others." He nods and we shift into our wolves. James grabs the dead alpha's body by his shirt and begins running with me, another warrior, and my third in command to the pack.

As we cross Quelight borders guards begin to stop us by growling territorially. I step in front of my men and look over at their alpha. A few of them take a step back, others whine then bow their heads.

Eros hums quietly on my mind. I am now recognized as their alpha.

"I will be back to assess your pack and draw the borders in one week. For now, My beta to help you with the transition."

The guards nod their heads. We proudly turn and leave their territory, glaring at anyone who dares to look. Since we defeated the neighboring alpha, his pack all the land in between now belong to my pack. Any rogues found in between will have to be dealt. I look around at the surrounding forest, my new land, as we run back to the pack house stopping rogues to warn them on the way.

"The land you occupy is in the process of being taken over by a pack." My third in command informs a rogue about a foot shorter than me. "Seeing as you are a rogue you can either wait for an inspection to join our pack or proceed to prison."

The man looks shocked that we found him and then angry as he slams the door.

"Go out the window, to the cave a couple miles back!" I hear the muffled voice command someone from inside the house.

After hearing this my two warriors that had previously been by my side began to kick the door down and were soon inside searching through the house.

I waited, knowing my men were the best out there as I had trained them myself. Not long after they left, they had the man unconscious, dangling by his arms, and then on the floor by my feet.

"Sir, we found the scent of a she-wolf inside the house as well." He concludes. I'm a bit startled by this, and Eros begins buzzing in my ear annoyingly. Rogue women are not common because they are usually killed quickly. Most packs don't kick she-wolves out because it would just be plain cruel. You either send them to prison where their still safe, send them to another pack or if you must, kill them.

"We need to find her, see if she is safe, then decide what to do with her. Rogue she-wolves aren't common nor is it tolerable for them to be out in the wild like this." James says. I enter the small house to look around. Indeed, the scent of a woman is strong, but not just any woman. My mate.

Eros, greedy for the girl, takes control pushing through my mind.

"We'll send a search party later, we need to keep moving now, alpha." My third in command suggests, adding onto the fire fueling my Lycan's unstarted search.

"Wait." I counter his idea, all I can think of is her foresty scent. I growl as deeply as I can manage just thinking about it. Soon a snap in the distance catches our attention, and I charge in the trail of the mouth-watering scent.