Chapter 1

Day 1

Mum woke me up, since my alarm clock wasn't unpacked yet.

"Rise and shine, sleeping beauty!" She awoke me. I rolled my eyes and rolled onto my other side, burying my face in the pillow to shield from the bright sun on a sunny morning like this one.

"C'mon, it's your first day of school. I'll drive you," she said, and I pulled the covers off of me, sat up, and rubbed my eyes tiredly. Mum soon left, so I decided to get a shower.

When I got out, I dressed myself in a maroon sweater with a grey plaid infinity scarf and light wash jeans with grey Vans. And then I slung my grey Victoria's Secret campus backpack over my shoulder and walked out, my wavy blonde hair being whipped behind my shoulders with the force of the wind.

"You can eat this apple for breakfast," mum says, handing me an apple when we were in the car, and I take it happily and take a bite. "I'll come with you to the attendance office to pick up your schedule, okay?"

"Yeah," I mumble. I was scared. Out of my mind. I was petrified.

"Are you excited?" She squeals, and I look over with a glare. She laughs and reassures me for like the three millionth time.

"Okay, I'll walk in with you," my mum said as we get out of the car in front of the school. People were just arriving, and I think I got the whole "fashion forward" thing wrong. People in LA sure do have a different sense of style.

We walked through the clear door into a tiny office where there was one desk in front of us.

"Are you Juliet?" The lady asks. I nod my head shyly. "Welcome to Delphi Academy! You've already taken the placement test, am I right?" I look to mum and she nods. I don't ever remember taking that, but whatever.

"Alright, let me print out your schedule and you'll be set to go!" She walks back to the noisy printer in the back of the room, and picks up a sheet of paper. "Oh, wow, you've got a lot of classes with Brooke."

"Who's Brooke?" I ask, in confusion.

"Let me call his teacher and call him down here. He can lead you around the building."

"He? Brooke's a guy?" I ask, and she nods, smiling brightly as she picks up the phone.

"Mum, I'm not sure-"

"Jay, I am paying $20,000 for this opportunity. I want you to do well. Please," she begs, and I hang my head.

"Hi, Charles, can you send Brooke down to the attendance office? Juliet is here," she hangs up the phone. "He should be here in less than five minutes."

"Is he nice?"

"Is he nice? Oh, honey, you don't know what nice is until you've met Brooke," she laughs, and I look to mum, who looks back at me excitedly.

My stomach was in knots. Multiple knots. I was getting sweaty. I hope this Brooke kid isn't too hot, coz that would be awkward for me, but I hope he isn't ugly... No offence for not wanting an unattractive guy for my leader person thingy.

"He's here!"

Uh-oh.

"Juliet, this is Brooke, Brooke, this is Juliet," the attendance lady says.

"By Brooke you mean Brooklyn? As in Brooklyn Beckham?" I say, my palms getting clammy. I was standing in front of THE Brooklyn Beckham. THE David Beckham and Victoria Beckham's son.

"Nice to meet you too," he laughs. "C'mon, I'll show you your locker and we can go back to Mr. Dallmeyer's class."

"Bye, mum," I say, and give her a hug before I go.