Chapter 58: Free

I feel like this chapter is gonna be so long omg
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Nellie's POV:
I sat back in my seat next to the window on the plane, Niall sitting down next to me. I looked out the window and smiled excitedly. I love airplanes, and my favorite part is taking off and landing. The feeling of being put up in the air and then back down makes it feel like a rollercoaster, as childish as that sounds.

"We're not even in Paris yet and you're already excited" Niall chuckled. So yes, this is the birthday present Niall got for me, a Christmas in Paris again.

"I'm taking my excitement one step at a time, right now I'm looking forward to being above the clouds for a few hours" I told him.

"It's funny how you used to be afraid of flying and now you love it" he said as he took his phone our of his pocket and wrapped an arm around my shoulder. I rolled my eyes and shrugged, looking back out the window.

Today is Christmas Eve eve, as I like to call it, and I have yet to get Niall a gift. I'm horrible at getting him things, so I'm really not looking forward to trying to buy him something, especially while he is there with me.

"Hey Ni, can I ask you a favor?" I asked and he nodded, looking over at me.

"Please don't get me a gift for Christmas this year" I pleaded. He went to argue but I stopped him. "Niall, the ring on my finger is the only gift I need". He stayed silent for a moment before answering.

"Fine, but then you can't get me anything either." He told me and I raised my eyebrows.

"What? Why?" I asked.

"You already gave me my gift"

"And what was that?" I asked, totally clueless.

"You said yes" he smiled. I blushed but I wasn't going to give up that easily.

"That's not a gift, that's just me accepting yours"

"You are my gift. Seeing that ring on your finger is my gift. That's all I could ever want" he grabbed my hand and laced our fingers together. I smiled up at him and leaned in to leave a small kiss on his lips. Then the speakers came on.

"Hello everyone, this is your captain speaking. Please prepare for takeoff" the pilot's voice sounded through the cabin. I fastened my seatbelt and pressed my face against the window. Then I felt the jolt of the plane as we started moving.

***
By the time we arrived in Paris it was just about midnight. We basically went right to our hotel and fell asleep, since we didn't sleep much on the plane.

The next morning I woke up to arms snaking around my waist. I turned around to come face to face with a very sleepy looking Niall.

"Merry Christmas Eve" he mumbled in his morning voice. I smiled lazily, as I was extremely tired too.

"You too Ni" I giggled. I sat up in the bed, Niall's arms still wrapped around my waist. I stretched my upper body, waking me up a little bit. As I tried to get out of bed Niall's grip on me would only tighten. I sighed and looked over at him. He was looking up at me from where he still lay on the bed and gave me puppy dog eyes.

"Stay" he whined. I rolled my eyes at him and the tried to get up again, but his arms kept me locked down.

"Niall we can't stay all day in bed" I laughed at him. He wasn't going to give up.

"You're not getting any breakfast if you don't get up" I warned but he didn't even flinch.

"I'd rather cuddle you than eat" he groaned, trying to pull me back down on the bed. I raised my eyebrows at him.