Jordelia Part 3

They were both sleeping next to each other when James heard the sound of a carriage rattling down the road. Quickly he woke up and shook Cordelia's shoulder, "Delia. Darling, wake up." She opened her eyes enough to look at him. She gave him a small smile, "Good morning."
"Good morning," he replied quickly, "Now hurry and get dressed."
She was fully awake now and moved to hold herself up on her elbows. "Alright, but why?"
"I heard a carriage go by just a moment ago,"
He watched her as her eyes went wide, "Then you need to get dressed to."
"Well yes but I think you prefer me this way." He said with a smirk.
"The people outside won't. You may scar them for life."
"Nonsense. When people look upon me they instantly become interested and sometimes aroused."
She raised an eyebrow.
He cleared his throat, "Let's just get dressed."
He slipped on his clothes. Cordelia did the same, and asked him to help her lace up her corset. "Why should I lace it up when I'm just going to unlace it again eventually."
"Shut up James and just lace it up." "Alright," he said and muttered something about how it's pointless to lace it up.
"Stop muttering."
He made a face at the back of her head. It's a good thing she couldn't see him because she would've slapped him. After lacing the corset up, he helped her clean the filth off of her dress and slip it over her head. Making sure they both looked as if nothing had transpired between the night before, they set out to walking back to the Institute.

On their way back to the Institute, they were touching each other in some way or another. Occasionally, James would lean over and kiss her cheek. A few times he even stopped and kissed her on the mouth, to which she pushed him away after a moment and blushed deeply. "I love you Delia," he said with a grin as they were walking up the steps to the Institute.
"I love you too James," she gave him a smile that lit up her face.
As soon as they walked through the doors, James heard someone say Cordelia's name. They both turned to see Elias Carstairs, Cordelia's father. Oh shit, James thought.