Barely Breathing

Elena's POV:

It's been almost a week since the incident happened but Katherine is still in her deep coma.

Part of me wanted her dead-I'm going to admit that, but, I know it's not right, and I know that no matter what she did-well, she pretty did do so much horrible things-especially to me, but I think she doesn't really deserve to be in a situation like this, it's...horrible. No one deserves to be in a situation like this.

What happened back then at the Whitmore University isn't really good. It just seems that Dr. West is part of this secret society that experiments on vampires.

Damon got injected with this-I don't even know what to call it-but it turns a vampire to feed on another vampire. But lucky us, we found the antidote.

Damon also confessed to me that he had been there before and that he experienced being the test subjects of the experiments, and I just feel bad for him.

We met an old friend of his, named Enzo, well-he is the one who stand in the middle of the street, mainly the reason of the car accident, also the one who hand us the antidote. But I don't really blame him for being the cause of the incident, he have his reasons, just as Katherine had her reasons.

And right now, I am now on my way to the doppelganger who tried to kill me so many times. The truth is, I despise Katherine but, part of me, deep deep down, this little vampire heart of mine, tells me to maybe even try my best to be good to her.

"Damon? What are you doing here? What's going on?" I look suspiciously at Damon who is signing some papers, together with the doctor. I let myself inside the room.

"Elena." He said and I smile at him but then I bring out my curious face.

"What's going on?" I ask once again, now facing the doctor.

"You know Ms. Gilbert, your twin is barely breathing and, it's mainly because just because of the machines that are connected to her." I narrow my eyes at her not because of the barely breathing part but because of the twin part. I never would want Katherine to be my twin, she's a black sheep.

"So, we-well, I decided to let her go." This shock me a bit, part of me just want to scream in joy but there's also this part of me that is...sad? No, not sad but maybe, a little bit guilt.

"You mean cut off the machines connected to her and let her die?" I ask not realizing that my voice is rising.

"Technically yes. And she's dying tonight." He answered me.

After the signing process and all, the doctor came out and Damon and I are the only ones left inside the room. I sigh as I look at Katherine, then convert my looks to Damon.

"Why are you here by the way?" I ask suspiciously. I know Damon's been going here every day, I just didn't ask about it but now, I want to know the reasons.

"As I told you, she's barely breathing, I'm just saying my goodbye." He said. And I blink a few times before something flash in my mind.

"Damon, don't tell me you are getting in her head day after day?" I want him to say no, but at the same time, I also want him to say yes.

"Ding ding, yes Elena, I am." He confessed. Oh wow. She must be giving Katherine a hard time.

"Why would you do that? She's dying Damon! She's weak." The good part of me scolded but the other part of me wanted to say he has done a good job.

"Oh come on Elena, don't be the goodie goodie, we both know that you loathe her." I hate to admit it but yes, he's right. I hate Katherine. After all she has done to me and my family.