Max in a Million (Running Free)

Okay, so this is VERY similar to Running Free..... As in I believe that this was actually my first l drafts on it.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Max in a Million

I wish I wasn't here, back home I would be with Lily. Not charging about a battle ground, watching my friends falling down around me, without being able to help! Its torture being here. Every day I wake up to the sound of guns and these things called shells, it took awhile for me to get used to them. I have a new owner now, his name is Charlie. He is nice enough but it's not the same. He does his best, and I can tell he loves me very much and because of that, and the fact that I need a friend, I love him to! Its morning feed now, but no one comes and all of us are getting impatient. Then they all come running in with our tack and I know what's coming and I don't like it, I don't want to get shot at again. Soon I'm all tacked up and ready for action with Charlie sitting aside me! We are at the front next to our captain and his horse who funnily called captain as well, he tells me not to be scared to do what Charlie asks, and I know that if I panic then I will hurt Charlie. So as I'm standing there, in the door way, I take a deep breath and then...CHARGE!!! And suddenly we are galloping across no man's land and I get an energy rush and it's as if I'm back home with lily galloping through the meadows! But then it all goes wrong, terribly wrong from no where there is the sound of a gun up close to us, and I realize that If I don't do anything then Charlie, my Charlie will die, so I turn around, half rearing to face the gun, by now I have thrown Charlie well clear. That's when the pain hits me, funny how every one says when there in pain that it's like a bullet through the hart, because with me it was literally a bullet through my hart. Everything goes black and all I can here is Charlie's voice screaming "MAX...MAX!" and I know that even if I die I will still be loved, still be remembered, and then I can't fell anymore pain, cant see anymore pain and I know I am at peace now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

POW, didn't see that doming did ya?