Sixteen

Quick A/N: MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃🎅🎅🎅🎅🎅🎅🎅🎅🎅🎅🎅🎅🎅🎅🎅🎅🎅😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

Stepping through those doors for the first time in months, it felt like her heart was in her throat. She had Vilkas and Lydia behind her. She looked around saw Torvar sitting at the table, passed out with mead in his hand, and Ria sitting at the head, staring into the fire, and Aela pacing the back stretch.

"Gwynyn!" Ria screeched. She jumped up and nearly tackled the Breton in a hug. Torvar shot up, mead still in hand, and muttered something about 'Night Mother'. Gwynyn smiled, melting into the warm hug.

"Hello, stranger." Gwynyn nearly whispered, hugging her tightly.
"You're alive." Ria said into her shoulder.
"You thought I would come back any other way?" Ria chuckled, "Besides, we still have to finish your training."

Aela joined in the conversation next, "It's good to have you back, Gwynyn." Her eyes grazed over each of the scars on Gwynyn's body. Aela sniffed, and all she smelled was blood and reptilian and nature on her...reptiles, she didn't understand.

After the reunion was over, Gwynyn announced that she needed to speak with him. No one truly knew what she was going to talk about, except for Vilkas and Lydia. Aela, Athis, Torvar, and Ria were left thinking their Harbinger was going to be found dead in his room.

"Kodlak." Gwynyn let herself into the hall in front of his room, almost a study area. She looked at the tired old man who was sitting at his desk, eyes scanning hungrily over each of his plans to get rid of the curse. But, when he looked up, he saw not only his daughter, but the strong warrior she'd become...without him in her life.

"Gwynyn...it seems you've finally returned."
"Finally."
"When did you arrive?"
"About twenty minutes ago."

There's an awkward moment of silence between the pair. Gwynyn simply lowers her hood and walks over to the man.

"I've been researching the Glenmoril Witches," Gwynyn said, "Legend has it they tricked the Companions into their lycanthropy, claiming it would have been unlimited power and they took it. And here," She pulls a book from her pack about the Witches, and turns to page sixteen, "it says that their heads can cure in the tomb of Ysgramor."
"Where did you find this book?" Kodlak asks, admiring the ancient text.
Gwynyn shrugs, "Found it in Riften for a septim." She continues, "If someone can find and kill these witches, then they hold the cure to lycanthropy, Kodlak."
"Will you?" Kodlak asks. Gwynyn nods in response, almost hoping Kodlak would've asked her that. "Why?"
"Because it hurts the twins." She claims coldly, still not ready to forgive her father.
"Why did you come back?" Kodlak corrects himself.
"I missed my true family." She says honestly, "And I found a way to help them."
Kodlak waits only a moment before asking, "Do you forgive me?"

Gwynyn, just about to open the door and go froze in her tracks before looking over her shoulder and saying, nearing a whisper, "No."

Thank you for reading!