Seven

All rights go to original author.

__________________________________________________________________

Taylor is absolutely one hundred percent absorbed with herself, but I think she's starting to notice.

Camila's fingers twist in the spaces between mine. Our hands are hidden behind my back and she stays as close as she can to me as we ascend my stairs. I can feel her breath on the back of my neck, coming out of her in giggling spurts. I glance over my shoulder, finding her brown eyes peeking up at me with that familiar, teasing look embedded in them. She bites a smile at me. My heart sputters and I swear one of these days, it's simply going to give out. It's been a few weeks and I'm still not used to her looking at me like I'm some kind of mystical creature she didn't know existed.

Beyond her, glaring up at us from the foot of the stares is my sister, hands clamped tightly on her hips. I meet her eyes only briefly, yanking them away and quickening my pace up the stairs, all but pulling Camila with me. She laughs loudly, becoming much braver now that we're out of Taylor's sight. The hand not locked in mine runs over the back of my thigh. It makes me jump, turning to give her a warning with my eyes, but she's not intimidated. Cheeks red, she simply laughs again and does it again, her chest to my back.

I swallow. "Camila, we're not even in my room yet." I've stopped walking because it's kind of a fruitless effort with her groping me like this. Besides, it feels - well, okay, it feels amazing, because her hands seriously know how to touch me in the most perfect ways.

Her hand slips between my legs. Hard fingertips grind against the denim, something heavy dropping in my gut. A soft sound beats out of me at her persistent stroking, leaning back so my head can fall against her shoulder. Her teeth connect almost immediately with my ear. Another laugh rustles my hair.

"Lauren," she giggles, a knuckle slowly working against me. I bite my lip, stifling the string of embarrassing noises threatening to come out of my throat. I thought Camila was a physical being when we were just friends, but now it's been multiplied tenfold; whenever we're alone, she's all over me. It's not always like this - this, like ... sexual stuff. We haven't had sex. Honest. One would probably be convinced otherwise with the way she's making me all hot and bothered right now, but the most clothing we've lost is our shirts. It should probably be mentioned, though, that's it's usually - maybe always - me that stops it from going any further. Camila never says anything, thankfully. She seems just as happy to be curled up next to me with her top off on my bed with the TV on.

But when she throws herself on me like this, with her hand between my legs and my knees turning to pudding and her teeth tickling my ear, it's getting really, really hard to find the strength in me to say no. It's not that I don't want to because, obviously, I do, but it's just ... if I do, then that makes all of this more real. It makes it almost official in a way, and I can't pretend that it's just a phase that's going to fizzle out as quickly as it sprung up. If we ... if I have sex with her, then that kind of seals the deal, doesn't it?

It's stupid. Trust me, I'm very aware of that. It's stupid to be thinking so shallowly when Camila's hand is between my legs and soft moans are slipping past my lips and I'm grinding into her and hot waves are pulsing through me and everything feel wonderful but - my mind is a steel trap and it's sank its teeth into me and it just gnaws its way deeper and deeper every time my sister looks at me or I see Dinah and Normani holding hands in the hallway and Camila has to creep around corners and hide in the shadows and it's not fair and it's so stupid -

"O-Oh." Camila's hand is moving faster, harder, and if we stay out in this hallway any longer like this, I might lose my common sense and just tackle her here out in the open. Camila has that dangerous effect on me; when we're together, all of these walls just crumble to dust. When I'm with her, I feel like I really could just be all out with her and hold her hand and kiss her in the hallways at school. She is my strength.