5. "Your Boyfriend's 'Bestie' is Getting On My Nerves."

You know the drill. NOT EDITED.

I know, the sun still shines

When you're not around.

I'm taking it easy in the West part of town.

And now I find it wasn't, meant to last,

I've got one thing to say, and that's

Thanks for nothing kiss my ass.

(Thanks For Nothing - The Downtown Fiction)

The next morning, I wake up before my alarm clock. I feel fantastic. Then again, it is the first Wednesday of the month, so it's late start.

God dammit.

I get up, and look outside. It looks sunny, but, once I open the window and the freezing breeze rolls in, I know that the weather is not going to be as pleasant as the sky portrays.

I look through my wardrobe to find some clothes. I slip on a purple t shirt and black skinny jeans. I slide my black zip up onto my arms, rolling the sleeves up to my elbows.

 I dial Noel's number, most likely going to ask her to drive me to the Hawk Cafe, one of the most popular cafes in town.

"Yo," Noel says once she picks up.

"Hey, I woke up early, want to go to Hawk's?" I ask. I hear something moving on the other end.

"Sure, I'll be over in five," the line drops. I rush to the wash room and brush my teeth. Once I pull my long hair into a high pony tail, I hear a car honking outside. As if on cue, my phone buzzes and the screen lights up.

But the text isn't from Noel.

Sent: 6: 47 A.M.

Sender: Drew

Hey, Camera Girl, want me to pick you up?

As I smile and grab my bag, I one - strap it as I walk downstairs. 

No thanks, Noel is driving me. See you at school. Don't forget my camera.

As I lock up my house and walk to Noel's car, my phone vibrates again.

I'll make up an excuse to not bring it. See you in first period, Camera Girl. :)

I don't even bother replying, knowing that that's the end of our conversation. I sigh, opening the door to Noel's car and sliding in. She immediately bombards me with questions.

"Who're you texting? Is it a boy? O - oh, is it Drew? What does he have to say? W-" I cut off her interrogation.

"It's Drew, he wanted to give me a ride, I declined, can we go, I want my coffee!" I say that in one breath. Holy crap, I am capable of doing that!

"Fine," she says, starting up the car. Then, she smacks the back of my head. "Dumb ass. You could've just told me he wanted to drive you! God, you know nothing about romance."

"Hey, just so you know, I dated Darren in seventh grade and Chad in sophomore year," I object. "I'm so romantic."

"Yeah, but you never went steady," she sighs. "Remember Brian and I?"

I wrinkle my nose. "Oh, him."

"Yes, him."

We stay silent for the remainder of the ride until we reach Hawk Cafe. I take my wallet from my back pack and shove it into my pocket, leaving my back pack inside the car.