9. "...And We Don't Kill Another Bitch."

Not edited that much...

 I'm just a moment

So don't let me pass

You by

They can speak our names in a

Dead language

'Cause you and I, we're alive,

But just for a moment.

(Outlines - All Time Low)

"Honey?" My mom whispers as she opens the door to my bedroom. "Someone's on the phone for you."

I take the land line from her hands, smiling gratefully. "Thanks."

Holding the phone up to my ear, I say, "Hello?"

"Oh my gosh," Noel's voice squeaks. "I'm so sorry, I was such a bitch, I can't even ... I'm so sorry!" Her voice is high.

"No, I'm sorry," I sigh. "I was just pissed and frustrated."

"You coming to school tomorrow?" She asks.

I ponder over it for a moment. "I don't think so, Noe. I've ... had a lot of things on my mind lately."

"Do you want me to -"

"I'm fine," I smile fakely, even though she can't see me.

"You better not be bull shitting me," she says, her voice low.

"I'm not."

"Can I do anything to make you feel better?" She asks.

"Hm," I hum playfully. "Can you bring over Logan Lerman and Colton Haynes?" I tease.

"Sure," she says. "But you have an odd taste in  guys."

"Shut up, they're sexier than One Direction."

"You take that back!"

It goes on like this for another fifteen minutes, and we end up in giggles. 

"So," Noel says.

"So," I repeat.

"I gotta go, Oliver's taking me out," she sounds apologetic. "But I'll call you later."

"Do you know where Drew lives?" I blurt out.

"One six one oh Terrence," she answers like a robot. "But he's usually at -  Ol. WAIT. You're being a stalker, huh?"

"No," I say quickly. "Love you, bye!"

"Bitch you better-" I hang up. Setting the land line down on the bed, I stand up and stretch.

Having the sudden urge to do something physical, I pull on my shoes and pocket my phone. Running my hands through my hair, I slide open the window to my bedroom.

It's dark, almost ten o'clock. I sigh, looking down. It's about a ten foot drop, nothing too big.

I swing my legs over the window opening, silently thanking my childhood of climbing up houses and taking pictures of darkness. 

I jump down, and a sharp, quick pain shoots into my feet. I hold my breath, waiting for it to be gone. After a few heartbeats, I silently - or what I think is silent, meaning I crash through hedges and nearly face plant the ground - slip out into the dark.

I end up - ironically - on the bad side of town. Pulling up my hood, I try my best to look like a forty - or - so year old man who's about to commit a murder.