Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Note:

Mephistopheles: Known as the Lord of No Mercy or the Cold Lord. He is the Lord of Cania the eighth of the nine levels of hell.

Beep… Beep… Beep… The tiny red lights on the printer went on and off with a consistent ‘beep’ sound that was getting on Julian’s nerves. She was waiting in front of the lone printer of their college library for 20 minutes now, hoping to print out the final copy of her criminal psychology thesis paper with no such luck. Over the time span she had stood there like an idiot she had tried to remove the print command twice, switch the computer she was using and (with failed attempts) fix the God forsaken printer. In such a scenario, a simple advice would be to change the printer in hand, but sadly this was the only working printer in their ‘renowned’ library of the university. And if she were to print her assignment from an internet café she would no doubt be late for her next class, which was in 5 minutes.

 Oddly and to further infuriate her; Julian’s mind played an image of Kasey shaking her head in disapproval with a golden angelic halo above her head and saying “Well you shouldn’t have left this to the last minute.” Julian blamed the Outlaws.

She cursed and gave the printer her best evil glare. With a hopeless glance at her wrist watch, which read she had only 4 minutes to spare till her lecture she gave the ancient printer a sound bang on its side. Thankfully the library was deserted and no one would charge her of murdering their beloved printer. With her mind somewhat at ease she grabbed her remaining assignments on the desk and decided to make a run for it, hoping her professor wouldn’t kill her however turning around she soundly crashed into an innocent bystander. Her forehead hit the person’s chin and she immediately recoiled back, rubbing her forehead.  Julian looked up to see a flustered guy, looking at her through big round glasses and a mop of curly black hair. Realization struck in a second, as her brain registered him as the same guy she had bumped into yesterday.

“Hey you’re Dallas right?” she asked after a moment.

“Uh…yeah we met yesterday” he replied with a nervous stutter to his voice.  “What were you doing to the printer?” he asked hesitantly.

“Oh it was irritating me so I decided to show it whose boss.” Julian’s voice was calm as if telling him that the Sun rises in the East and sets in the West. Dallas looked at her unfinished assignment on her hand.

“I can fix it for you if you like.” He offered, his nervousness starting to fade away.

Julian glanced at her wrist watch again. With only 3 minutes left she was really pressed for time.

“I have class in 3 minutes, so it’ll be a waste.” Her face was turned down in resignation.

“I can fix it in 30 seconds.” Without her approval he got to work on the printer. He took out a screw driver from his jeans pockets and opened up the printer. After tweaking some wires, which all looked alien to Julian he screwed the printer back up and pressed the on button. Without further delay the annoying red light turned green and started printing the left over pages of her assignment, following its previous print command. Julian clapped her hands in glee and hugged Dallas from across the table which was a bit awkward.

“Thank you! You’re a life saver!” she said after pulling away from him.

Dallas scratched his hair nervously, with an adorable blush painting his cheeks.

“Uh…no problem.” He replied, fixing his glasses on the bridge of his nose.

Deciding that she liked the awkward techie now Julian gave him a broad grin and after collecting and stapling all her pages together she bid him goodbye; rushing out of the library in haste. Dallas released a sigh of relief and headed towards the computer books section, an amused smile on his lips. He stopped on his tracks to see Gabriel leaning against a shelf with a knowing grin on his face. No doubt from his position, he had seen the whole exchange between him and Julian.