Chapter 12

Chapter 12

“I call this house to order!” called out a deep voice from the judge’s chair. Immediately all chaos in the courtroom dropped to a pin drop silence. The prosecutor stood up from his chair and started the case.

“With respect to your honor, my client Mr. Reece Xavier is suing Ms. Julian Seyfried for wrongfully violating his right to privacy. We have substantial proof that at the night of 23rd July, 2013 Miss Seyfried was present in my client’s room going through his underwear, without his permission. The video recording-”

“I was not!” Julian immediately called out from her place at the stand. The blonde haired blue-eyed lawyer immediately stopped proceeding with the case and gave her an annoyed glare. What the heck? It was Jake! For a moment Julian was shocked as to why Jake was Reece’s lawyer but later shrugged it off. “I have told him countless times already that I was not snooping through his stuff, and definitely not his care bear boxers.” Julian replied in a more controlled voice.

“Aha! How did you know he had care bear boxers?” Jake pointed a finger at her and popped a pink bubble that he blew from chewing his bubble gum. Julian looked up behind him to see Reece standing on the opposite stand wearing a smug smile on his face, for some reason not entirely fazed they were talking about his undergarments.

Julian was at a loss for words. That one surely backfired on her. She was about to mumble a hasty reply when someone else beat her to it.

“Objection your honor! My client is being subjected to public humiliation.” This time it was a feminine voice which spoke up. And Julian looked down to see none other than her best friend Kasey Lenhertz carefully looking at Jake with a blank façade. Kasey? When did she practice law? This trial was getting more and more confusing.

“Objection overruled.” Julian finally turned around to put a face to the solemn voice of the judge.

Against all odds she witnessed Barney the dinosaur in all his purple glory sitting in the judge’s chair, with a ridiculous white wig on his bald head and black glasses hanging from his nose. The sight was so comical that Julian had to bite down a strong urge to guffaw. Surely it wouldn’t be beneficial for her to be on the bad side of the judge? So she held her fist against her lips and waited to hear the judge’s words.

After a few tense moments with Barney looking at both the parties in attendance he cleared his throat. “Considering the evidence put forth today or lack of thereof I announce this case to be given to Mr. Reece Xavier on the grounds of being better looking.” With a salacious wink aimed at Reece he further said, “And as punishment to the guilty; Miss Julian Seyfried will be forced to act as Mr. Reece Xavier’s personal slave for a month.” With a few more bangs with his gavel for good measure Barney nodded and started to get up, or well… made an effort to do so from his seat.

“I object!” Julian cried. “This is injustice! This man has wrongly accused me and I will not stand here being laughed at. I will take to the Supreme Court! This does not end here Xavier.” Julian aimed her most lethal glare to Reece who only gave a smirk in response.

“Jake’s dad is a Supreme Court judge; you are at a loss here Seyfried.” Reece infuriatingly said.

“Kasey do something for God’s sake! What did I hire you for?!” Julian motioned at Kasey who was busy looking at her fingernails.

After a bored yawn she faced Julian and blankly replied “We all love Mac n Cheese Jules.”

Suddenly the entire of the court room changed and everyone else disappeared except for Julian. A loud song began to play from somewhere ‘Willy Wonka! Willy Wonka! The famous choclatier…’ She looked towards where Reece was standing only he was gone to be replaced by a big steamy bowl of Mac n Cheese. The bowl held out two hands towards her, beckoning her forwards for a taste and sunlight poured from behind it giving the bowl an angelic halo. Julian’s stomach rumbled in appreciation and she jumped forwards flaying her arms. Just as her face was about to smack right into the bowl of cheesy delights, she woke up from her dream screaming “Food!”