Lost Hearts, and Oblivion

She stood in the way of yours and Niall's friendship. Yeah, she was nice, you'll give her that. But every time you wanted to hangout with him, she already had something planned with him.

He answers on the third ring, "Hey (Y/N)! What's up?"

"Hey, I was just wondering if you were free today? We haven't hung out in, I can't even count how long we haven't hung out. Pleaseeeeee," you ask him.

"Niall come on, we have that thing we have to do," you could hear her say in the background. Then you hear Niall let out a long sigh.

"You know what, I just realized I forgot to do something, gotta go," you say before hanging up. You could tell he was going to protest, but you didn't want to hear it.

Huffing, you throw your phone down on the bed.

Now what are you gonna do? You told Niall you had something you forgot.. but what was it?

RING RING

You see Niall's name on the screen. Reluctantly you pick it up, and slide to answer.

"Hello?" You say.

"Hey sorry about that. Are you alright? Usually when you say you forgot to do something as an excuse you go to the coffee shop downtown, and when I went there you weren't there," he explains to you.

"Oh yeah, that's because I really did forget to do something," you lie easily.

"Like what?" He asks curiously.

"Oh you know..." you say, then following a long pause, "stuff."

"Oh gotcha," he says amused.

No one speaks for a couple of minutes.

"Are you busy?" He asks, you could tell something was bothering him.

"Uh.. Ye—."

KNOCK KNOCK

"Give me a second," you say while going to answer the door.

"Okay."

You open the door, while trying to juggle your phone. Staring at the ground you answer Niall, "Oh it's just the," you look up, "Niall?"

"Hey," he says while hanging up the phone.

"What are you—? What?" You ask confused.

"I.. We need to talk," he admits truthfully.

"About..." you trial off.

"Just.. stuff," he ushers me inside.

"Want anything to drink?" You ask him.

"No thanks, but listen to me. Hear me out, then judge.. or answer," he says.

"Okay?" You sit down, confused.

"Before I start, I just want go apologize. For always skipping out on you, and ignoring you. You're my best friend and I'm supposed to fulfill the same duties to you, but I haven't and I feel terrible. I know she always gets in the way, and I want to apologize for that too. What I've realized is, she's not the one for me. We never enjoyed the same things. The only reason I dated her -please don't hate me- was because you got a boyfriend, and I was so jealous. Then you broke up with him and I thought you dated him to hurt me, so that's why I dated her for a long time. To get back at you, because you broke my heart. But I realized that you didn't even mean to break my heart, you didn't even know I liked you in that way. I know it's a lot to take in, but please trust me when I say I'll spend more time with you," he said.

"Niall I.." You didn't even know how to respond.

"You may not know what to say, but I know exactly what I want to say. (Y/N) you have always been there for me, and I have not been there for you. If you could just give me a chance, I'd make you the happiest girl in the world," He says with hopeful eyes.

"I'm sorry.. I just can't. You're still dating her and you shouldn't even be here telling me all of this," You tell him, disappointed.

"But I broke up with her! At least give me a chance," He pleads.

"Still, you just broke up with her! It's not fair to start dating someone a couple of hours after! You have to let your heart rest, let it move on. Just trust me, you don't want to be with someone as broken as me. I'm lost, and once you start dating me, you'll be lost too. Oblivious of what is going on around the world, things that you cannot stop. Just trust me when I say; you can't be with me," You tell him.

"But—" he starts to say.

"I'm a lost soul Niall, you can't be one either," You say sadly.

"I can stop making you lost! I can help you see the world in the color you're supposed to, not black and white," he presses on, "Please, let me be the light that leads you on."

++

Dun dun dun.. let your mind wander on what happens next.

If you all could pick one imagine to be made into a whole book out of my imagines, comment one!

XOXOXOXOXOOXOXO, Luv ya!