NYC/ pt.3

Months have passed since your encounter with Niall, and the paparazzi. Things have gone back to normal just as you wish they would have. The tabloids published your argument with Niall, but you knew they would anyhow. Your manager didn't like it at all. Everyday she would rant and rave about it. You were always annoyed and would tell her that he needed to be put in his place.

BING

You pick up your phone to read the text that has just been sent in.

Unknown number: Do you ever regret things that you've said? Or the things that you've done?

Must be a wrong number you think. Why would someone send you that? Usually people start conversations with "Hi, how are you?" and work their way around that, but all people are different. So you compose a response back.

To Unknown Number: excuse me?

Good enough you thought, so you sent it. Moments pass and the person still hasn't replied. Must've been a wrong number just as you suspected. Just for extra measures, you screen shot the number and send it to your friend Bev.

To Bev: *Attachment: 1 image.* Do you know who this is?

You put your phone down on your counter, and decide that a jog is very much needed. In the comfort of your own apartment of course. Paparazzi would mob you if you ran outside, plus it's quite freezing.

After putting your workout clothes on, you check your phone once more. To check and see if Unknown Number texted you back, or if Bev did. Nothing from either of them. Oh well, it's not important. They realized that they got the wrong number, and were too embarrassed to reply back. All is well.

You get on the treadmill and start out with a slow walk, then excel to a higher pace every five minutes. Stoping at 6.5 mph for the perfect jog.

BING

You groan, because of course someone would text you right when you relax. Jogging really isn't relaxing to others, but for you it was as close as you could get. You debate whether you should check it, or continue jogging for fifteen more minutes.

You shake you head, and continue to jog, ever so slowly upping your pace. When you're almost to a full sprint (which is difficult on the treadmill without falling, so you have to hold onto the handle bars) you decide to read the text, because anticipation was eating you alive.

Unknown Number: Or the way you've treated people, when they were anything but mean to you. How they were there for you no matter their own situation. Don't you miss being with people like that? They have a sense of security.

Your mind wants it to think that it's Niall, but after your argument, you know that it can't be.

To Unknown Number: Who is this? Do you have the wrong number?

Maybe some crazed fan somehow got your number, and was playing a prank on you. Making you think that it could possible be Niall.

BING

Unknown Number: This is (Y/N), isn't it?

Okay, now that's super creepy. Should you tell someone? They could be stalker for all you know. You've had a couple of those since being a model. They are not fun to deal with. You debate whether or not to answer them.

To Unknown Number: um.... yes.

Unknown Number: Good. I almost thought that it wasn't.

To Unknown Number: Tell me who you are. It's not fair that you know who I am, but I don't know who you are.

You pray that it is Niall, because that would be better than a stalker.

Unknown Number: You've known me for a while actually. I can't say much more, without completely giving away who I am. I know what you're wondering. No, I'm not a stalker.

Okay, so you knew it was someone who was close to you, considering they knew your thoughts on things like this. So that's one thing narrowed down.

To Unknown Number: Please just tell me who you are. I can't help but think that you are a stalker, because a stalker would say something like that. If you don't tell me who you are, I'm afraid I'll have to take this to the police. I feel unsafe.

Unknown Number: There is no reason to feel unsafe. I'm harmless by touch, but harmful by words. I have said some terrible things to you in the past, and I regret all of it. If you can take a shot at who I am, I will tell you.

This has to be Niall. No one has said terrible things to be except for him.

To Unknown Number: Niall.... Is it you?

You hold your breath and you push send, waiting for a response.

Seconds feels like minutes, and minutes feels like hours. The anticipation is killing you.

Unknown Number: How'd you guess? Wait, I think I did give you too much information.

To Jerk bag : You've been the only one who has said hurtful things to me. But why would you wait two years to finally apologize? I can't believe that you wait this long to even say anything to me. YOUR WORDS HURT ME AND YOU DIDN'T EVEN CARE. YOU JUST LEFT ME FOR A SECOND TIME.

Jerk bag: I know, and for that I am sorry. Things didn't go the way that I wanted them to. Management wanted me to "accidentally" bump into you when you were walking down the street. They wanted more publicity for our new album that came out. I denied numerous times, but my job was on the line, and I couldn't afford to lose it.  Please just take my approach into consideration.

You couldn't believe it, not one word that he sent.

To Jerk Bag: I don't believe you Niall. If you still wanted to be with me 1.) you would have tried to fix this a long time ago, and 2.) you wouldn't've done what they said. Screw management Niall. You have your own voice, use it. Stand up for yourself. It's pathetic, all of it is. You should've tried harder.

You knew you got him there, he wouldn't know what to say next. Which you're glad, because he is irritating you. With each word, he says draws you farther and farther away.

Jerk Bag: I know that what I've done is wrong. But could you ever forgive me? (Y/N) I love you so much. I have since the day I walked out on you and the second time I walked out on you, and every time in between that. I am a pathetic person, I'll admit that.

Tears trickle down your cheek, you can't tell if they are angry tears, or sad tears. Tears that you were the one that let Niall go. You were the one that told him it couldn't work out. Yet, here you are trying to forget about him, but can't. You've always loved him, and still would. But you know that things won't work out for a second time, they never do.

To Jerk bag: I'm sorry Niall. I just can't forgive you. Mostly I can't forgive myself because I was the one that let you go.

Jerk bag: But I was the one to walked away. I didn't try and fight for you back. I wanted to respect your decision because I love you.

It was time to end it. Cut all of the strings.

To Jerk bag: Goodbye Niall.

You delete the messages, and hover over the delete button for his number. One last message rolls in before you push delete.

Jerk bag: I love you, (Y/N). I will make things right again.

Tomorrow, you decide to get a new number. You'll make sure he doesn't get it. And if he does, you'll keep changing it.

Saying that life without Niall was better, would be a lie. Life with Niall is hard, and unpredictable. But worth it. You're stupid brain just wants to get rid of him, but not your heart.

+++

HEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYY.

It's about time that I finally updated lololol

XOXOXOOXX BYE