Chapter 7

A few days later, L and Light bought the home they saw, and moved in. Light talked L into getting a pet. L agreed on a cat named Umbreon, which was a black male with random orange and yellow markings.

Light laid on the couch watching the news with the cat on his lap. His phone began ringing. He picked up the ringing phone and answered it.

"Light, I need to speak to you." His dad spoke. "What do you want, dad?" Light asked. "Can you meet me at the coffee shop near me in a few minutes?" Sochiro asked. "Yeah, I'll see you soon." Light sighed as he hung up.

Light lifted up Umbreon and set him on the bed when he walked into the bedroom. "Where are you going Light-kun?" L asked. "My dad wants to talk to me." Light sighed as he slid on a black button up shirt and kakis. "Light, you should forgive him. He is your dad." L said as he got up to walk to Light. "I know." Light rested his forehead on L's. "I love you, Light-kun." L whispered. "I love you too, Lawliet." Light placed a kiss on L's forehead and left.

Light walked to the coffee shop and walked in. Sochiro was already sat at a table with a cup of coffee. "Hello, dad." Light said as he sat at the table. "Hello, Light. I want you to listen to me. This isn't your mother talking. It's all me." Sochiro said. "I'm sorry, Light. I overreacted. I promise that I won't do it again. I will accept you and Ryuzaki." Sochiro rambled. "I forgive you, dad." Light smiled. "Thank you, Light." Sochiro smiled.

After a long chat between father and son, the two began to leave. "Why don't you come over to my house for awhile?" Light asked. "House? I thought you lived in the building Ryuzaki built." Sochiro said. "No, Ryuzaki and I bought a house a while back." Light explained. "Oh, That's nice to hear." Sochiro said, sounding a little disappointed.

"I'm home!" Light yelled as he walked through the door. "Hello, Mr. Yagami." L said as he walked up to Light, kissing his cheek. "Hello, Ryuzaki." Sochiro smiled. Umbreon meowed happily as he rubbed against Light's leg.

-4 hours later-

"I should be leaving now." Sochiro said, walking toward the door. "Alright. I'll talk to you later." Lights smiled. "Bye, Light, Ryuzaki." He smiled and left.

"Light-kun." L said, getting his boyfriend's attention. "Yeah, L?" Light asked. "I want to ask you something." He said, nervousness filling his tone. "What's wrong? You sound nervous." Light asked. "Light-kun, you're and amazing person and I'm lucky to have you. We've been together for a long time and proved that long distance relationships can work." L chuckled a little.

"So, Light Yagami, will you marry me?"

A/N: Hey minna! Sorry for no updates for a loooong time and sorry for this one being so short. Anyway, the next chapter might be the last one. SO, If you have any suggestions for the final update, please tell me!

~SilverShadow~