Chapter Seven - The Room of Requirement

Hermione spent the rest of the day thinking of the look on Draco Malfoy's face after he got off of Blaise. And, though she didn't know it, Draco was thinking of her as well.

At lunch that day, someone tapped Hermione on the shoulder. Ron dropped his fork and Harry shot the person behind Hermione a look before continuing eating. Considering that, she had a very shrewd idea of who it was.

"What is it?" Hermione asked, turning around to face Draco.

"We have to organize a prefect meeting for tomorrow evening." Draco told her quietly.

"Oh, all right, do you want to meet up tonight?" said Hermione.

"Uh, no, I can't." Draco said uncomfortably. "I have detention."

"Right, I forgot." Hermione said. "Well, I'm sure if you explain it to Professor McGonagall, she could let you off a few hours early."

"That still doesn't explain how we're going to meet, considering we're in different houses."

"Well," Hermione said, turning around to take a bite of her chicken. "We could use the Room of Requirement. I'm sure you remember where that is." She said the last part rather coldly.

Ron snickered into his goblet, but Harry looked pained. That was the time back in their fifth year, Professor Dumbledore had taken responsibility for Dumbledore's Army when Malfoy and his gang had caught them in the Room.

"Oh." Draco looked uncomfortable. "Yeah, okay."

"DRACO!" Pansy squealed across the hall.

"Uh, I gotta go." Draco said, though he was groaning internally. He would much rather stay and talk to any Gryffindor then go back to Pansy, who had never really gotten over her obsession with him.

"Say hi to your girlfriend for us, won't you, ferret?" Ron said as Draco walked away.

He froze, his anger bubbling in his chest. Slowly, he dragged his arm up his side and into the side pocket of his robes, where he kept his wand.

"Ron!" said Hermione angrily.

"DRACO!"

"SHUT UP!" Draco turned to Pansy and yelled back.

The Great Hall was suddenly deadly quiet. His foul mood increasing, Draco ran out. Ignroing someone's heavy footsteps behind him (probably Goyle's) he rushed upstairs and walked in front of a stone wall three times, thinking, "I need to be alone,"

The Room of Requirement appeared. Draco stormed in and closed the door behind him just as Goyle appeared on the other side of the landing.

Draco sat down, leaning against a wall and took deep, calming breaths. He knew he would be safe here, since Goyle wasn't smart enough to think of the Room of Requirement.

He didn't know how long he had been up there until someone walked in. Actually three someones.

"Come on, Ron! You're being a prat! You made up with Ginny, now it's time to apologize to Draco!" Hermione hissed, firmly pulling Ron towards Draco.

"No! I only apologized to Ginny so Harry could talk to her now!" Ron tried backing away and reaching for the door. He looked at Harry. "You've been muttering about her in your sleep, you know."

"And I really appreciate it but, Ron, this is your fault." Harry said, pushing him from behind.

After a few minutes of struggling under Draco's confused gaze, Harry and Hermione managed to get Ron sitting down next to Draco. Ron quickly scrambled up, trying to run again but Hermione was too quick for him.