Chapter 1

There it is. Oh, there it is. That small sparkle of fear I see forming and forming in my victims eyes as they realize their time is running short. Tears streaming down the face, and violent shaking trying to get loose from their prison of a chair. Ever so neatly wrapped in rope, keeping my victim nice and cozy.

I approach my victim. A young girl the age of around sixteen. She starts sobbing even more as I get closer to her. I smile at her, and she frowns at me. I hate the faces they give me sometimes. It's not nice to frown upon someone when they smile at you. All well.

"Do you not appreciate what I am doing for you?" I ask the girl.

She gives me no answer, and the room turns silent.

I chuckle a little. "You wouldn't of lasted that long in the world anyways. A pretty girl like you? No, some perv would of gotten to you anyways. Don't worry, I am not a perv, just a man helping simple people escape this cruel world."

Letting out a sigh from no answer from the girl, I turn my back and walk over to a table. I grab a butchers knife. Taking it into my hand I run the knife along the table and scrape the wood on table very slowly as I walk over to my next victim.

I usually let the fear and confusion sink into the victim longer, but tonight I feel a little more tired than usual and need to finish things fast. I get closer and closer to the girl in the chair. She sees the knife in my hand and I hear muffled screams coming from under the duck tape on her mouth.

I put a finger on her duck tape covered mouth. "Shhh, it will all be okay soon, trust me." I assure her.

Staring at the knife I have in my hand, I see my reflection. I see a man of pain, guilt, torture, and uneasiness. Am I seeing fear.

"I must really be tired, huh?" I say softly to myself. "Uh, well anyway where do I begin."

I slightly scrape the knife along the collarbone of my victims neck. I see her shiver from the contact of the blade. Almost without warning I take the knife and stab it straight through my victims throat. Causing a ooze of blood to spray out everywhere. The life from her eyes was now gone, and glass like. A mirror showing me my actions.

"Now you're safe."

I undo the tied rope and then sit the knife down on a floor on a towel I previously had there. I then walk over to the other side of the room where there is a door to a freezer, I open it and then walk back over to my lifeless victim. Picking her up from the chair I am careful not to get too much blood on me. Walking to the freezer, I place her body among with the several other victims I have let free.

"It's better this way," I say to the frozen remains of my many victims before I close the door and lock it.

After a long days work, I get my cleaning supplies and scrub the basement clean. Cleaning the chair, floor, and burning the rope. I decide to get rid of my clothes too. They got a little too messy this time.

"Much, much better," I marvel at how innocent the basement looks now. Before I exit the room and head to bed I say one final thing to my victims. "Have fun, nighty night," I head up stairs to take a good long rest I've been needing for awhile now.