Chapter 38

"Laraaa!" Something hits my head and I jolt up. I look around. Why was I sleeping on the couch? "Finally." Ethan chuckles. He's sitting on the couch opposite on his phone. "Why-" I start, but then I remember.

Last night. Crap.

I jump up and run upstairs and into my room, quickly stopping by the bathroom. Gosh I look like a mess. I have dark circles under my eyes and my hair is full of knots. I try to look for my phone but I couldn't find it anywhere! I groan. Please don't tell me I left it at the party.

"Larz!" Ethan coos from downstairs. I run down to the living room and stand infront of him giving him a questioning look. I place my hand out.

"Give."

"I don't have it."

"Sure."

"See? Even you just agreed."

I groan. "Stop bring a smartass and hand it over Ethan."

"I told you I don't have it."

"Ethan. Freaking. Karpathy. Tell me right now where you put my phone. Or you will die." I put on a serious face hoping it would convince him. But I was wrong. He just stared at me for a second then the next he burst into a fit of laughter.

"Ethannn!" I whine. But he continues to laugh. I suddenly lunge forward at him, but I was too slow. He jumped off the couch just as I face planted into the cushions.

"I am so gonna kill you!" I try to chase him around the house, but it's no use. He's obviously too fast.

I'm out of breath and I stop, panting like a tired dog. Then I spot his phone on the desk by the TV. I practically use the rest of my energy to sprint, aka stumble, towards it before anything could stop me and I pick it up. And surprisingly, the passcode hasn't activated just yet so I obviously use that to my advantage.

I decide to be nosey and look around at his messages. Maybe see if there are any new girls he's been talking to.

Then a text comes up.

Brunt - You got yourself a deal. $120. Come by the Lakers Hill pub tomorrow, 1:30am sharp and bring them with you. Or you know who gets killed.

What. The. Actual. Fuck.

My hands are shaking. Please don't tell me that's..Brunt...as in Brunt Brunt oh my goodness. I quickly scroll up to see the previous messages.

- Thursday 11:55pm -
Brunt - Ethan Karpathy. I heard you have access to milletine.

Ethan - Uh what are you talking about? Who are you?

Brunt - Your sister's.....kidnapper? If that's what you want to call me. Or you can just call me Brunt.

Ethan - Holy shit. What the heck do you want?!

Brunt - Milletine.

Ethan - I don't have milletine.

Brunt - Oh stop the bluffing. Or, I'll come for Lara.

Ethan - Don't you even dare to touch her. I'm warning you.

Brunt - Or what? You gonna beat me up with your puny little hands? Ha. Don't think so buddy. You give me 3 tubes of milletine, and I won't lay a single hand on your lame sister. Deal?

- Today 11:31am -
Brunt - Don't try and ignore me and hope this will blow over. It won't. Answer me, I know where Lara is majority of the time so it's not that hard for me to...

Ethan - Fuck I can't believe I'm doing this. I only fucking drug deal to help my family with money. I'll need some cash if you really want them.

Brunt - You got yourself a deal. $120. Come by the Lakers Hill pub tomorrow, 1:30am sharp and bring them with you. Or you know who gets killed.

Holy. Crap. Oh. My. Goodness. Please. Tell. Me. I'm. Dreaming.

Ethan. does. drug. dealing. I-I don't even know what to do. My hands tremble as I try not to drop his phone. And what the heck is milletine? Is it some type of drug?

I quickly type it up on google.

Milletine - A dangerous drug that can lead to brain insanity and hypes up the consumer greatly. Can only be purchased at rare drug companys and dealers. Illegal.

Great. That's just nice.

"Fine Lara! It's in my boxers drawer. It would be really funny to watch you look-" Ethan eventually walks into the room. "Lara? Are you okay?" He asks me. I'm still staring at the phone, pale as a ghost. He then notices that I'm holding his phone.

"Oh shit. Lara. Please don't tell me you saw the messages." Ethan trembles walking cautiously towards me.

I look up. "W-why? Since when? Why did you not tell me!"

"It's, complicated. I'm sorry Lara."

"W-when did you start doing drugs Ethan..." I whisper. He sighs.

"When mum got cancer. We needed the money to pay for her treatments. I had no choice. Someone brought me into this so its not entirely my fault."

I step towards him. "Who did? Who got you into drug dealing?"

He mumbles someone. I take another step towards him. "Who?!" I yell.

He looks down at his feet.

-------------------------------------------------

Cliffhangerrrrr yas bitch
Ok one quick question, do you want me to go back to doing more of other people's POVs? Or nah?

Thanks for all the support by the way! I really appreciate it! And sorry I forgot to do my regular chapter shoutouts the past few chapters, but I'm continuing it now. And for those who are wondering, I don't really use my fanpage instagram (@chrislanzonedits) anymore. I rarely have the time. But I do check it every now and then:)

❤️Follow my musical.ly - @itstamara249❤️

PLEASE VOTE! IT TAKES LITERALLY HALF A SECOND! ONE CLICK! Comment if ya want too that would be great. Oh and if you really want and ur a really nice person u can follow too;)

Tamara xx