04»Eyeѕ

Days later

»Elise Lynn ,

I chickened out that day. Expressing myself was a personal problem and I wasn't ready to conquer it . Today , though I decided that I would talk it out with him . He seemed nice and actually caring , opposite of majority people who's entered my life.
I sat in the back of the cold , small room where the session was held. Mr.Curry had already told his story as I had read his lips the best of my ability . It was now a fair skinned woman at the front the room , giving her story.

The most I could pick up from her lips were abuse and alcohol problem so I just used my imagination for the rest. A few others stood among every one as I soon faced the floor , feeling ahead coming on from so much concentration. Minutes passed as I stayed in the same formation and felt a light tap on my shoulders. I looked up panicky , being startled. I calmed down as I saw Mr.Curry pulling a seat towards the side of me and seating himself.

He had a warm smile as he laid out two sheets of paper and a pen on the table in front of me. He patted my back for reassurance as I picked up the pen the best I could , my hands slightly shaking from the nervousness that fluttered throughout my body.
It wasn't long until I was writing my situation effortlessly on the paper , the words flowing almost as they each came to mind. I nearly forgot he was sitting there as I cursive each word neatly. Not even noticing the tears that fell along my cheek , I felt his thumb gently rub against my skin.

Once i was finished ,I turned towards him and rubbed my face with my sweater as I had it pulled over my hands. He wiped both of his thumbs underneath my eyes before cupping my face. His breathtaking, colored eyes stared back into my light brown ones. My heart begin to sped as I felt my cheeks warm from unnoticeable blushing , due to my skin complexion. Giving off that nice warming smile of his , he finally released my face and slowly grabbed the sheets of paper. I completely wrote over each of them , from front to back.

I watched as he read each word intently , his eyes glancing up at me ever so often. I swallowed hard and turned away , soon facing down again as I didn't wanna read his facial expression for the rest of the story. I inhaled deeply as I saw his hand grabbed another sheet of notepaper and the pen I currently used. His hands motioned quickly along the lines , cursive each word just as I had. I grew curious and full of anticipation of what he was going to say as the words formed nearly an entire paragraph.

Dotting the last sentence with a period , he handed it to me : I've lost a child but not in a way such as that. For someone to take a child , especially from a mother , is heartless. If my daughter was still alive , I would do everything in my power to try to find her. You're a very beautiful and strong woman Elise and I'm sorry you have to cope with this. To get a break and your mind off of things , I would love to take you out tonight if I may?

My mouth slightly gapped at the fact of him asking me out, something that haven't been done to me in years. They usually would try to talk smoothly to me but from me not being able to hear them , they would grow irritated and I could see the hurtful words they'd yell before storming away. Taking me out of my thoughts, I felt his hand gently brush against mine. I got lost into his eyes again as he awaited my answer.