05»Ғroм Yoυr Deep

»Steph,

Elise and i walked along the sidewalks as the moonlight gleamed against her skin. She walked closely beside me before I opened a door for her. She looked at me before entering and I followed behind her. Since she accepted my offer , I decided to take her to a good friend of mine. He's really fond of things such as music and poetry and I figured she would enjoy, at least I hoped. Ayesha used to absolutely love it.

I switched up my thinking , avoiding to fall into bad memories as Elise walked slowly in front of me. The curl pattern of her hair flowed gently over her shoulders as the wind blew gently through the breezeway. Opening yet another door for her, we had arrived to my good friend's , Bennett , place. I saw her eyes slightly close as she deeply inhaled the vanilla candle fragrance. The room was slightly dimmed and cozily warm.

"Wardell how are you?" I looked up to see Bennett walking towards us. I shook his hand as he extended.
"Fine , fine."
"Who's the lovely?" He directed his attention towards Elise.

"This is Elise-" he cut me off unintentionally as he tried to speak to her. She simply gave him a slight smile. " and she's deaf." I finished.
He faced back towards me and raised his eyebrows with a nod. "Ah I see." He made a gesture with his hands towards her. It caused her to smile widely this time and do it back.

"You know sign language?"

"Yes actually. Surprisingly, a lot of my clients are either deaf or blind. To keep business running smoothly, I learned what I needed to."

I nodded my head as I listened intently , getting the point. "So what can I do for you two tonight?" He asked , reminding me of my sudden appearance.
"Actually she's one of the ones that sit at my sessions. I wanted to get her mind off of things since she's quite a hard worker. Two jobs and this was her only night off since a few months considering its Christmas." I stated.

He waved his finger. "I know just the thing. Follow me." I grabbed Elise's hand , taking her attention away from the room as I followed him. He directed us next to a window where the view of the city could be seen and it was two seats. I sat in the one of the left as she sat in the right seat.

"Now I'm gonna have you guys haiku with one another , it's actually quite popular for couples.." Bennett said before I side eyed him and he caught my glance. "Or whatever you two are to each other." He added , while he signed each of his words to Elise.
"Now I'm gonna have the both of you take deep breaths. Starting now. Inhale.." We both took in deep breaths as our eyes locked , hers slightly drifting towards his hands to keep up to what he was saying . Which was nothing at the moment . "Exhale." I gapped open my mouth slightly , letting out my breath.

"Again. Inhale, exhale." He instructed a good two more times before moving on.
"Okay now..I want you two to think for a moment about the other person , something that intrigues you about them. I will have you make it known three times." Elise watched as his hands motioned the words he was saying. "Now take a moment."

Once he held his hands together , she faced back towards me. I studied her face just as she did mine , thinking of everything that stood out about her to me.

"Okay now." She rose from her seat , leaning up towards me as she pressed her finger gently on my eye , indicating that's what intrigues her. I smiled as I ran my thumb over her bottom lip , which intrigues me.

"Okay again." I leaned forward, pointing to her arms.

"Sign strong for me." I stated to Bennett. He did so as she caught on and smiled. She rested her hands against my chest before making a heart with both of her hands, indicating a good heart.

"One more time." I ran my finger over her arm , trying to hint the complexion of her chocolate,glistening skin. She looked down at my hand before making a sign with hers. I stared at her confused and looked towards Ben.

"She asked really." I faced her and nodded . she pointed to my wedding finger as she quickly gestured with her hands again , sending me into a cloud of confusion.

"She said the A on your finger. You really loved them. Your love towards them and people intrigues me." Bennett translated to my understanding. I smiled , biting my lip as I nodded while memories of them filled my head.

"Okay..good." Ben said calmly. I took another deep breath as Elise rested her hands in her lap.

"I tell my clients all the time that you have three consciousness: you have your head which is what you think, you have your heart which is what you feel and then there's your deep. You're deep is always truthful and honest because it is not effected by logic or emotion. So I will have you two write from your deep and wait until a day to share your letters."

He then handed us both paper along with an envelope with different shade of color pens.

»Author : this chapter was inspired by the web series , First. The episode is found in media.