chapter two

We were written in the stars, my love, all that separated us, was time, the time it took to read the map which was placed within our hearts, to find our way back to one another.

It was tiring, heck, it was more than that.

The continuous time leaps that I have no other choice but to remember because of my damned ability, I'm so done with it.

How long will we be staying like this? Will this thing go on forever? When will we stop pretending that things will get better when the only thing that's happening is chaos?

I tried searching for clues that will lead us to the answers we've been looking for for years now, I tried, we all tried, but destiny is really fooling us when we still arrive at the same end each time.

I let out a frustrated sigh, running my slender fingers along my hair to gently tug on it.

"Skye."

I heard a very familiar voice, pulling me out of my world full of disappointments and frustrations.

"What do you want?" I immediately asked, turning my head to the door where the most important man in my life stood.

"Just wanted to see you before doing another time leap." he answered, walking into my room now and slowly making his way towards me.

I turned my head back to the glass door of my balcony, gazing at the gentle shaking of the trees as the wind blew.

I heard his foot steps getting near and stopping when I felt gentle arms pulling me into a warm embrace, his chest leaning into my back.

I instantly closed my eyes, taking in his scent before snaking my hands onto his arms that are wrapped around me.

He placed his chin on my shoulder, closing his eyes as well, as we enjoy such a serene moment filled with tranquility.

It was during moments like this, when everything felt like there's nothing wrong, all of our problems washed away as we hoped for nothing but just the presence of each other, that reminds me of how important life is to me and how grateful I am for being able to be born because if not so, I wouldn't be able to meet the reason of my happiness.

But, I'm afraid moments like this are only short lived.

For we can not run away from all the conflicts that we are facing, for we can not just live peacefully when everyone of us are hunted, for we can not forget how cruel the world is to us.

We pulled away short after the realizations dawned unto us and it feels like the most painful thing that I've ever done.

I turned around to face him fully this time, the urge to pull him back again grew stronger with each second that passed by.

"See you, then." he breathed out, staring right into my emerald orbs with his fingers laced into mine.

"Yeah." I muttered, gazing back with the same intensity that those purple hues held.

The urge couldn't just be resisted that easily for we know that if it's not madness then it was never love at all as we pull each other into another embrace, this time the atmosphere felt heavier as we're well aware that we don't know what the time leap might bring us.

With each time leap he does, we keep risking the chances of our relationship, for we know that no one knows if we'll meet again in the past, if we'll still end up together, if after all, we'll still hold each other.

I listened to his steady heartbeat as I felt him using his ability and just like that, I saw nothing but darkness again.

--

I opened my eyes, only to be met by the sight of the ceiling. I shifted uncomfortably, looking around to see my room in the same way as it was years ago, or right now.

I sat up, rubbing the sleep off my eyes before hopping off the bed and starting to make my way to the bathroom.

If we're going to do it just like how it was the previous times, I need to go out and search for the mess of a head of my best friend, sitting quietly on the grass.

I ran as quickly as possible and as I got there, I hunched over, panting heavily after an exhausting dash from my house. When I regained my normal respiratory rate, I shot my head and scanned the area for any signs of purple.

"Heh." I smiled, spotting a very familiar boy sitting down on the grass before dashing again but this time, a smile was plastered on my lips.

Just like that, everything was perfect again. I have the guy I love and that is enough for me.

We went with more failed time leaps, each one ending with us getting caught.

Gradually, everyone was losing hope. They thought that things will just repeat over and over again, that we wouldn't be able to survive the hell years of our youth.

And with that, another heart breaking news reached our ears. Shunsuke was slowly losing his eyesight everytime he makes a time leap, and we all had a grieved expression when we realized that if Shunsuke continue to time leap, he will completely lose his sense of sight, only seeing nothing but darkness.

I tried to keep calm and composed infront of everyone, we all know that we're breaking and feeling down by the news, but there's nothing I can do to stop the raging waterfall of tears every night as the thought of the man I cherished so much with all my life getting blind.

But as he made his final decision with his final chance, there's nothing I can do but trust his promise to win this one last bet.

--

It may be true that the imcessant time leaps are really tiring and exhausting, the same damn scene unfolding right before my eyes over and over again.

But there's one thing I could never grow tired of, the million dollar worth smile of my beloved as we were reunited once again.

And I don't mind it at all if that smile would keep replaying for a billion times.