seven

"yah yah yah", i struggled on the ice as it was really slippery but standing in front of me, jungkook just wouldn't stop laughing at me.

instead, he would occasionally let go of my hands and add perturbations to my sides, further increasing the difficulty level for me to keep my balance.

"yah cowboy. stop doing that, you will make me fal-"

just as i said that, i find myself slowly tilting towards the right and looking up, i saw jungkook widening his eyes before he then hurried towards me.

"ahh ah, my bum", i groaned in pain as soon as my ass landed hard onto the ice. there was this sudden numbness to it before i felt a hand cushioning it from underneath. surprised, i took a glance up at jungkook who had then decided on scooping me up from the region before sitting me down at another spot.

next, i watch in blatant shock as the ice where the incident had occurred at slowly cracked and eventually melted in the water after which. and now, there is this spot of the lake which is slightly exposed.

"phew, that was a close shave", jungkook heaved a sigh of relief and then waving his hands at me, he asked with a look of concern,

"you alright?"

"ne. don't worry. my butt's made of steel", i smiled awkwardly because to be honest, it was hurting a lot but i'm a tough woman, i need to give this cowboy a good impression.

jungkook tried to hold in his snicker and getting up, he ordered me,

"you, stay put,"

with a confused expression on my face, i saw him disappearing for a short while before then, returning with a twig in his hand.

"whatchu doin'?", i attempted to shift myself in a little when jungkook ended up squatting around the small pond i've created. however, i only grimace when i felt that shooting pain radiating through my gluts.

"just admit that you're in pain", he let out yet another grin but giving him a scowl, i denied telling him the truth still.

"no, i'm not,"
"well, suit yourself,"

now, jungkook is already in the middle of removing his socks. then, winding his socks around the twig, i watch in amazement as he slowly soak it in the water.

raising an eyebrow at him, i ask curiously,

"are you perhaps trying to fish?"

"mmhmm", he replied proudly but i only gaze down at him with a wry smile forming on my lips, my eyes mocking him.

"why in the world would a fish eat your socks as a bait?"
"we'll see,"

and so, we waited.

it was not long after that jungkook let out a loud "asa!" and then holding the twig up, it magically showed a tiny catfish wriggling and struggling for its live in the air.

gesturing for me to let down his hat, jungkook gently placed the catfish into it before scooping up some water for it to stay alive. then, not forgetting the fact that i had frowned upon his idea earlier on, he beat me to it with a triumphant smirk.

"ha, i told you i could do it", he made a face at me before flicking his head at the twig and asked,

"haeri-ssi, would you like to try?"

swiftly, i took over the twig he had handed me and placed it in the water. during this process, jungkook had his arms tightly secured around mine all along as he showed me a few fishing tactics here and there, such that a few minutes later, his hat was already filled with a dozen of fishes.

"woah, at the speed we are doing this, will we end up being able to catch a polar bear in the end?", jungkook grinned at me but only to earn my pair of eyes rolling back at him.

"polar bears only live in the arctic,"

"oops", he shrugs his shoulder but seeing how cute he was behaving, i couldn't bear to shoot him down any longer.

"but who knows? it was already shocking enough that your pair of socks work magic", i commented and right at that moment, i felt a jerk on the twig.

"oh oh! i think i've caught another one!"

i cheered happily as i soon brought up the living animal in my hand. however, this time round, it wasn't a catfish that i've caught. it was an eel!

"unagi!", chirped jungkook, but bringing the eel next to his face, i couldn't help but to chortle.

"ooohhhh and it sure looks like you, cowboy,"

playing along with me, jungkook even tried imitating its expression. i almost died from laughter but it was then, the eel slipped out off my hands. everything started to play in slow motion as the eel flew up in the air before...

"awk," i winced when it landed right smack on my face and kissed my lips.

"puahahhahahahahha,"

it was a high pitch cackle that pierced through my ears but ignoring jungkook and grumbling in annoyance, i wiped my lips dry.

glaring at him, i scoffed,

"i swear, if you don't stop laughing, i wil-"

before i could even finish saying my sentence, i felt a sudden pull to my arm and the next thing i knew, a pair of lips had slammed to mine, nearly knocking all wind from my lungs.

i was completely unprepared.

you would think that after all the hours i'd spent with jungkook - watching him talk, laugh and frown; that i would know all there was to know about his lips. but shockingly to say, i hadn't imagined how warm they would have actually felt until they were pressed up against my own.

jungkook pulled away seconds later and as his cheeks burned hot from embarrassment, he still could argue softly with me,

"that unagi got to kiss you and since you said that i look like it, i'm basically it and therefore, deserves a kiss too,"

"whuttt-"

i start to retort but he seals my lips with another kiss before i can.

"shhh... remember, just one day. it's just for one day that you and i can do this", he whispers into my ear.