eight

i was loss for words.

but then, intricate patterns of ice just so happen to float weightlessly downward from the pure white sky above, each flake swirling and dancing, as an icy wind gradually carries it towards the tip of my nose.

lifting up his hand, i noticed jungkook following his gaze to my nose and then with a gentle flick, he hit the snowflake off from it. with a smile, he said to me after,

"*giddy up! the weather is now signaling for me to bring you to yet another awesome place,"

he pulled me up from the ice and then, we were walking side by side. all this while, i was staring straight onto the ground, trying hard to avoid his intense gaze but that was when, i realised that jungkook was walking barefooted. in his other hand which wasn't holding on to mine, dangled his damp pair of socks. hence, seeing this situation, my hands started fumbling through my pockets again unknowingly, until i drew out a pair of socks from them.

"wait, hold up", i tugged onto his arm, causing him to stop. then, bending down in front of him, i tapped for him to lift up each of his feet, before then sliding the socks comfortably under.

jungkook was taken aback by my kind gestures that after which, he seemed guilt stricken.

"you really didn't have to do that...", his eyes wavered elsewhere, not daring to meet mine as he said to me,

"i mean, you are a girl and girls shouldn't do-"
"chill cowboy, i wanted to,"

with a determined tone, i cut off his words. then, i inhaled a deep breath before exhaling it all out.

"besides, you mentioned it yourself just now. it's just for one day that i'm interacting with you like this. before you know it, jimin might call and off i will go,"
"right,"

we are now back on land and as he waddled his foot back into his boots, jungkook looks at me, looking a little glum.

"i wonder when will i ever see you again after today,"

i tuck my hair behind my ears and after i was done wearing my boots, i answered him,

"just cross your fingers and pray that jimin freezes to death out there in the cold,"

i spoke in a light tone and his expression finally softens.

"why? why do you look so relieved?", i laughed and teased him, showing him my signature eye smile while he only shrugs his shoulders back at me,

"hmm... i don't know but it seems like you don't really enjoy the company of this guy friend of yours? you have been cursing him a lot, i've noticed", jungkook paused for a while to look at me,

"what's his name again?chimchim?"

"it's jimin", i corrected and as jungkook held on tight to my left hand and walk us to the next destination, i explained,

"don't get me wrong. i'm usually not like this. it's just that jimin has literally pissed me off and there's of course a valid reason when i say that he might freeze in this cold,"

i flicked my head at jungkook and gestured him from head to toe,

"just look at what you are wearing now. his gloves and also his socks. he literally left all of his basics with me,"

as i rambled on and on with jungkook patiently listening to me and occasionally chuckling alongside with me, i felt that i was starting to get used to this kind of weather and also, to be led through this whitened landscape by him.

i enjoyed everything about this Christmas Eve, the satisfaction of being the first to make an impression in a newly solidify lake; a blanket of freshly lain snow, the subtle crunch underfoot as i strode forward and the best bit of all, the sight of a handsome young cowboy who never fails to make me smile as the day goes by.

"haeri-ssi,"

i realised that i had zoned out for a short while until jungkook called for my name.

"hmm?"
"do you like bingsu?"
"yeap,"

his soft lips stretched into a smile before then, he lifted up his hand and introduced me to the place,

"well then, here we are. go ahead and grab yourself a bowl now,"

---
*giddy up means "let's go" in cowboy language