movie shoot pt. 1

word count: 1542

"Tell me again why I'm in front of the camera and not behind it?" I ask, walking through the hallway, sipping on a cup of coffee in my hands.

"Because, they needed a male lead and you're free until a month after the shooting is expected to be done with." Peyton says, glancing in my direction.

"Alright alright. You know I like acting but I'd rather-"

"Yup" she quickly responds, popping the "p" loudly.

Peyton is my manager, but also my best friend. She's one of the only people I can trust and be completely honest with. Yeah, I am out to the world, and I love my fanbase, her and I just connect much better than anyone else.

She starts to pull ahead of me, but I don't bother to catch up. I am used to walking behind her, she always walks with a sense of purpose. "You're a really slow walker, you know."

I wave my hand dismissively in her direction, pursing my lips. "Yes I do know, it's not like you tell me every time we walk together. Which is a lot."

Peyton just clicks her tongue, and turns to her left. She opens a red door that has a maroon sign reading "lounge 3" and walks inside. Apparently the cast is meeting today, and shooting starts the day after tomorrow.

We are early, as always, so after we sit in a chair, sitting beside each other, we both pull out our phones. She opens up Twitter, and I laugh at her habits before clicking on Instagram.

After a couple more minutes of Peyton scrolling and me liking a few of my fans' photos, the handle of the door turns. In walk a stream of people, all with their managers or one of their best friends that happens to also be casted. I watch as the last person, or so I thought, walks through the door. She is beautiful and looks young.

To my surprise, there is one last person to walk in. The girl must be his manager, for the tall curly-haired boy stands close to her, as if he is scared. The moment our eyes meet, I want to tackle Peyton in a huge hug for getting me a role.

His eyes are blue, so blue that they are probably the definition of the color. I quickly avert my eyes back to my phone screen in my hands, hoping he didn't think I was staring. This is going to be interesting.

Ironically Peyton has social anxiety, so she just stays put, only caring to look around quickly. Her leg starts to bounce up and down, so I rest my hand above her knee, relaxing her.

"Thanks." She whispers, before her head shoots up. I follow her gaze, and see that the girl from earlier is standing in front of her. Peyton instantly stands up, giving the other girl a tight hug. "Hey Alex!"

"Hey Peyton. It's been too long. What's happening?" Alex asks. While they quickly catch up, I stand up slowly, stretching my back. I take a second to type out a tweet and then lock my phone.

@connorfranta: have you ever seen someone so beautiful you can't find words to describe them?

Alex then turns to me, her eyes widening. "Is this Connor Franta?" she asks, putting her hand over her heart as if I am a legend.

"No, I'm his evil twin." I retort, but quickly smile after.

"Oh my gosh, Peyton!" she exclaims, wrapping me in another one of her rib-breaking hugs. It is so tight in fact that I can't move my arms much, so I can only slightly hug her back. "That's amazing!" As Alex finally releases her grip, I take a sharp breath and try to regain my composure.

"Here, here. I have someone that you must meet." She says, clasping her hands together. Alex motions to the same blue-eyed boy that had taken my breath away. He is leaning against the wall, phone in his hand. "Troye boy come here." Only when she said "here" do I realize her strong Australian accent. I'm surprised I didn't notice it earlier, I must have been do deep in thought.