Sousuke x Reader: O Christmas Tree (Drabble)

You recently moved in with your boyfriend a few months ago into a new apartment, and this was going to be your first Christmas living under the same roof. Since Sousuke requested holiday leave from his police work to spend time with you, the two of you decided to put up the Christmas tree today. 

You softly hummed to yourself with a smile as you brought up the last box of Christmas ornaments you guys bought earlier that day. You walked into your apartment and strolled into the living room to see Sousuke putting the last part of the tree up. Realizing that he didn't notice you walk in, you quietly set the box down and tried to sneak up on him. However, right after he finished putting the last part of the tree together, he turned around and scooped you up into a giant bear hug. 

You squeaked in surprise as Sousuke chuckled. 

"And what do you think you were doing, missy?" He smirked as he plopped onto the couch still holding you in his lap. You replied with nothing but a pout, causing Sousuke to chuckle again and nuzzle his face into your neck to get you to loosen up.

"Th-that tickles, Sou..." you giggled as his hair tickled against your neck.  He kissed your cheek and tightened his hold on you.

"Are you ready to put the ornaments on?"

------------------------------------------------------

Christmas songs were playing on the radio as the two of you started putting ornaments on the tree. You struggled with trying to put some one the higher parts of the tree, but Sousuke noticed and picked you up so that you could put the ornaments on more easily. 

"Thank you, Sou" you smiled and gave him a hug. 

"Was that all the ornaments?" he asked.

"Um, I think so. All we need is the star now." 

"Here it is." Sousuke grabbed the star topper from one of the shopping bags. "Shall we?"

You giggled at his dorky chivalry as he handed you the star and picked you up again so that you can put it on the tree.

"There, all done."

"Not exactly. Close your eyes, (Name)."

Slightly confused, you listened to your boyfriend and kept your eyes closed. You could hear shuffling and rustling nearby before footsteps coming back towards you. 

"Hold out your hands." 

You cupped your hands and felt something being put in them.

"Okay, you can open your eyes now."

You opened them and looked into your hands to see a handmade ornament. It was red and shaped like a heart, and it held a picture of the two of you under the mistletoe when you were in high school.

"Turn it over."

You smiled and the engraving on the back:

Sousuke x (Name) for Eternity

You felt the sting of tears build up as you glomped Sousuke into a hug. He hugged you back and pulled away to softly wipe the tears from your face. He caressed your cheek and leaned in to give you a sweet, tender kiss.

He pulled back and touched your forehead with his and whispered those three words that make your heart skip a beat.

"I love you."

He took your hand and lead you back to the Christmas tree. The two of you put the ornament up together and Sousuke plugged it in so that the lights came on. 

The two of you sat on the couch cuddling in a blanket while admiring the beautiful tree you put together. 

You felt his warm lips against your forehead as he pulled you closer to him.

"Merry Christmas, (Name)."