4: Too Tired Can't Speak

I do apologise for such a shitty chapter...

Spencer's POV

After staying at Caleb's mum for five days, I've decided to go back to the motel.. after visiting Toby. I hate myself for not staying with him but Caleb was right, I needed a break. Pushing open the hospital entrance door, I begin to make my way to Toby's room.

Theres been no news of whether or not Toby has woken up, well I guess ill see for myself. Gripping onto the duffel bag strap I turn the hallway corner and hear faint shouting coming from Toby's room. As I slowly continue to walk towards his room I am able to identify who's shouting. Peering through the window I notice Toby awake, looking angry at Yvonne. Shit.

Just as I'm able to walk in, Yvonne storms out muttering uncertain words. Pushing the door open, I watch as Toby struggles to grab the TV remote which is on the portable table. Letting go of the door I sprint in to grab the remote for him.

"Let me get that.." I chuckle as I grasp onto the remote. Holding out the remote for him to take I scan him up and down. "Finally decided to greet us with your presence then Mr Cavanaugh" I laugh.

"I guess you heard that conversation" Toby asks blankly.

"Toby I'm sorry I-" I try and apologise before he interrupts me.

"No Spencer, I appreciate what you did but ruining my relationship, not appreciated" He says sternly.

"You don't get it do you?" I ask, why is he mad at me right now?

"Oh I do, but you could of talked to me" Toby replies. What did he expect me to say 'Hi Toby, It's Spencer - we haven't seen each other since we broke up but someone wants you dead'?!

"Are you clueless?! Wren was after you - I couldn't talk to you when your life was at stake!" I scream.

Looking at Toby, desperate to read his facial expression. "Can we talk about this later, I'm too tired"

"Toby please.." I beg.

"Bye Spencer.."

I cant believe this. Shaking my head, I hold onto the strap of the bag and pull open the door and storm out.

Well that didn't go to plan.