One

"And so this entire summer, I've recruited twelve of my peers to join in on this business. We've had orders to landscape homes as big as five acres, and over 20 miles away from the city, so I must say we're expanding pretty well." I stand in front of my FBLA class, giving my presentation on a business I started, called "Shakespeare's View" where me and other guys I know go around town cutting grass, raking leaves, and trimming hedges for a good deal of money. I got the idea from being broke all summer, and my friends and I decided to make our own living during these dreadful years of high school. Now it was our last year, and we were bigger than ever. "Three of my employees are actually in this classroom. Please stand." I ask. My three best friends, David, Theo, and Emory stand and bow as if they'd just been announced the new President of the U.S.

"I prefer the term partner in business." My friend Theo says, as he sits back down.

"Exactly. He thinks he's the boss or something." Emory laughs.

"That's very impressive Mr. Shakespeare. Maybe you can come and trim my bushes sometime." My teacher says, clapping at my presentation. I laugh nervously and take my seat.

"Josh! Mrs. Norman is totally trying to steal you man... Go for it!" My friend David whispers to me from the seat behind me.

"Ew she's like fifty!" I say giggling softly. "Besides, you know I don't like that!" I add.

"Hey assholes shut up my future love of my life is presenting." Emory nudges my shoulders and draws my attention to one of the finest girls at this school, Angela Williams. She was short, had a caramel, bronze skin color, and gorgeous curly hair running down her back. Emory had a crush on her since we were in middle school, but never plucked up the courage to ask her out. Ironically, out of Theo, David and I, Emory was the only one of us that was interested in girls.

"Man, just tell her you want her." David teases, I nod and agree as I watch her give her presentation on her aspiring party planning business.

"Shut up. I will when it's time." Emory sighs and begins writing on paper.

"You've been saying that for years." I chime. Emory shoots me a look.

"Hey you guys there's a party next Friday you should definitely come."

"Who's party?" Theo and I said simultaneously.

"Maurice's. But I hear Zion is gonna be the DJ." David says, looking at me, referring to a guy that I've tutored in Chemistry all year. The guys swear that he's into me, but I doubt it. I mean, he's the star point-guard at our school, what does he look like hanging with a guy like me?

"What does that mean to me? Because you said that like I'm supposed to care or something?" I say in full voice, not realizing the attention I've caused on myself.

"I'll wait." Angela says, in the middle of her sentence. We were clearly going to far with this conversation.

"Sorry." I say, surrendering my hands. I roll my eyes at David and Emory who were laughing.

"You know you want him deep inside you." David whispers again. I punch his shoulder and scold him. I had my mind on other things.

Later on, the bell rang and we all went to lunch. Theo and Emory were looking up videos on YouTube, while David kept teasing me about Zion.

As you can already predict, Dave is the outgoing, obnoxious one in the group. Theo was soft spoken, he was very artistic, and a stoner. He pretty much stayed to himself. Emory was a lover, and not a fighter; he always steered away from drama and was the peacemaker. And me? I was the over achiever. I wanted more out of life and did whatever it took to get that and nothing less. I was an all A student and I did my best to make my mark as a person. We all may be different but however, we have one thing in common.