Encounter • Cash: Last Christmas

"Why won't you forget about last Christmas?" Shawn retorted at me. "It was one thing, why can't you spend this Christmas with me. We've been spending Christmas together the last three years."

"Because, last Christmas I gave you my heart. The next day you gave it away." I told Shawn. We've always been alright friends and had always gone to spend Christmas together but last year we finally became official and he treated me wrong.

Shawn used me at this Christmas party and left me the next day, acting like we were nothing together. I was going to confess my surreal love for him. But he was gone the next day when I woke up.

"This year, to save me from the tears, I'll give it to someone special." We were at a coffee shop because he wanted to talk, but the last time we did was a few weeks ago.

"You don't really want me this year. You just need a date for your Christmas party." I tell him truthfully. And it's a fact, he has this business party, just like last year. I'm sure I'll be there for the night and he's gone the next.

But after this whole year, why didn't I leave him? Because he was my friend first before anything else. I decided to keep our friendship, it was going well until he had to ask me to spend Christmas with me this year.

Plus, I'm scared of Shawn. When he was my friend, he would use me sometimes, he was always easily feisty, but I liked his company still-- to ignore all the selfish times. I just felt cared for when I had him with me.

"Fine, Cameron. Watch when you spend Christmas night alone. And you'll wonder, why didn't I go with Shawn?" He starts to get up until I yelp, "Wait."

I see him grin as he turns around and I just want to slap him silly for this but, "Alright, I'll go with you." If there's anything I hate more than being left alone, is actually being alone. At least I'll have him for a little of the time being, before he leaves.

"We'll get ready babe, we're going tonight." He smirks at me. "Just because I agreed doesn't mean I want to date you again. Besides, that was seven months ago." I broke it off during valentines when I saw he had interest for another, and sometimes I still like him but not so much.

Shawn's loopy, up and down all around. We could be friends but he gets so anal easily and doesn't know how to control his feelings. He says he likes me, well he did but I start to grow the thought that he likes the thought of us, and not actually me.  

I don't bother to get into further detail because I know that he will get upset if I call him out for being indecisive so it's what it is.

"You got here with a bus, so you coming home with me or?" Shawn asks and I roll my eyes but I follow him into his car anyways.

We get ready together, no more further detail about that. We've been friends for a while before anything else so we know each other's taste and I just wore whatever of Shawn's that he didn't and we headed out.

"You look really handsome, Cam." Shawn compliments me as I scoff, "Yeah right. Let's just get this over with."

He leads me to the party with our hands locked as I'm welcomed by a ton of fancy people I don't know. I hate going to Shawn's events because they're all snobby, sophisticated people. I'm here into corn dogs and ripped jeans.

"This is Cameron. From last year, were growing pretty strong since then. Right?" He gives me an Eskimo kiss and I pretend t enjoy it as we talk to some girl with a dress that's suffocating her body.