Mira's Rules

Hey everyone! I just want to start off by saying thanks to a reader.

This chapter is dedicated to Ryu_Welp00. Thank you for always leaving such kind and supportive comments on this story! It really makes me feel a bit better about the book and I hope you like this chapter.

From, Chocofan527

●▪●▪●▪●▪●▪●▪●▪●▪●▪●▪●▪●▪●▪●▪●▪●▪●▪●▪●▪●▪●▪●▪●▪●▪●▪●

The guild hall was pure chaos, as usual. Something so small had escalated into something so big and had caused double the fighting, double the noisiness, and double the disagreements than normal.

Mirajane took a deep breath as she attempted to gain the guild's attention – for the eleventh time. She rolled forward onto her toes, dangerously balancing on the bar counter to catch everyone's attention. Smiling as always, she spoke. "Everyone, can I have your attention please?" The hall was remained filled with chatter and noise as Mira's attempt had failed again. She sighed and was about to give up.

Just when she was about to get off the counter, a large hand slammed down in front of her. "Listen up, you brats! Mirajane is trying to speak and you're not even listening! You'd better listen to her or I'm giving you all a punishment!" A deep voice growled, as Makarov walked over to join Mira on top of the bar counter. The entire guild froze and went silent in fear of the master. The exceeds froze in mid-air, the girls stopped chattering, the boys stopped fighting, even Cana stopped drinking.

After savouring the moment for a while, Mira smiled sweetly again, reaching down to pat the master and give him a quiet "thanks".

The guild anticipated what she was going to say. There was a reason they were trying to desperately sort things out themselves – because if Mira did it, then they would all be in for it. That meant Mira's way of doing things, which didn't always work out well for them.

"I have decided to take charge of organising the waterfight, since you all look too busy fighting," she chirped.

"That's it, we're all dead," stated Gray.

Mira eyed Gray threateningly as he quietened down, and continued speaking. "Firstly, the supplies. I had a look in the guild's basement, and it turns out we have enough waterguns, balloons, and buckets for the whole guild. Secondly, the map. You are only allowed to play the game on the land that the guild owns. That includes the back garden, and for this game, you can go to the top flo—"

"Eh, Mira, wouldn't it be cooler if we used the whole of Magnolia to play?" Natsu piped up excitedly.

Lucy sweatdropped. "Leave it to Natsu to come up with ways of destroying stuff."

After considering what Natsu said for a while, Mira spoke. "Actually Natsu, that's quite a good idea. Of course, citizen's houses, restaurants, arcades, and similar public areas would be off limits, but the streets would be fun to play on, so would the park, and also some of your houses!"

"What?!" The girls exclaimed. "Are you serious, Mira?" Erza questioned. "You do realise we are letting items of destruction loose onto the streets of Magnolia, right?"

Mira simply smiled. "I'm sure it'll all be alright, right Master?" She leaned down again, looking him in the eyes, which was a foolproof way to get him to listen to her.

"Y-yes, my dear child," Makarov strained.

Mira let those sweet words replay in her ears as she admired her powers of manipulation. She silently praised Natsu as she thought about how more space meant more alone time for all her hopeful couples.