Yuji

I watched from the huge window panes the scene below me. Rido was playing in the snow with Juri.

Oh how I wished he would look at me that lovingly as he is with Juri.

Sigh.

"Yuji, he'll come around. Juri is the first born daughter," Hakura tried to comfort me.

Hakura knew of my little secret. I was madly in love with Rido, but I knew he never felt the same.

"Hakura, we both know he will never love me. That expression he gives when he looks at her is all the proof I need. Is my love a foolish one?" I pondered wrapping the shawl closer to me.

"Yuji, if this one sided love is painful...wouldn't it be better to give up on that love?" Hakura left me alone in my own thoughts.

Dear brother, it is not that simple.

A frown etched upon my face as I continued watching Rido and Juri play outside.

TIME SKIP

I retreated back towards my room. It was my safe haven. I only allowed Hakura in and occasionally Juri. Rido made no attempt to see me.

I trusted Hakura the most. I was the closest to him, but I knew he loved Juri too.

My two elder brothers were both in love with Juri.

But one thing I didn't know was who Juri loved. We weren't close although we were sisters. We didn't have that sister bond, more so acknowledged each other's presence.

I did envy her, but I didn't hate her. We were neutral with one another, but I couldn't help but feel jealous. She had the love of both my brothers while I had nothing.

Why was Juri so different from me.

A one sided love is a tragic one indeed.